Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY: One Touch 3 Blink Turn Signal (no harness cutting)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My gf's Jetta has this feature and it stays on longer than you think. There are many instances when I'll only hold down the stalk for two or even one flash

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
      it wasn't until after driving the E90 for 2 years, that I realized that the E30 turn signal stalk was meant to be used like this. The only difference is you have to hold it down for the 3 blinks, instead of it doing it for you automatically.

nice find on that module, I was going to make one myself that could plug into the harness. Maybe I still will if I can do it for less than 70 euro...
      All cars have this "lane change" signal feature to my understanding... at least every one I've driven.

Thanks for the writeup, I may be doing this myself soon!

Comment

Great write up, I miss this feature when I drive the E30
        Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Tim-sutherland View Post
          I knew I paid more like $30 for mine. Here's a better link, I think maybe this seller didn't have them available before. Searching 'komfortblinker bmw' on ebay Germany came up with this for 21 euros.

http://m.ebay.de/itm/1x-3x-Komfortbl...082?nav=SEARCH

It also states "Does not ship to United States".

Comment

I know I found one for under $30, searching for komfortblinker on ebay Germany, and I think they're all the same, mine said universal but I think they just advertise for certain models to boos search results.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

every time i drive a new car with this 'safety' feature this is what happens: 'left signal OOPS cant change lanes yet CANCEL right signal CANCEL CANCE!@!11!E LEFT NO RIGHT JUST TURN OFF SHEEEEET' battle with your stalk.

Comment

Cool little mod, definitely adding this to my to-do list.

Thanks for the write up!

Comment

I would like to do the same mod, and came across this old thread while researching for what others have done.

There is now a US company that makes a similar module, but it's not cheap:

I found this on eBay (German seller but ships worldwide), and asked them for instructions, before deciding which way to proceed.

Rüsten Sie in IhreM BMW 3er E30 einen Komfortblinker nach. Komfortblinker für alle BMW 3er (E30) natürlich mit E1 Norm. Kabelsatz + Relais zur Nachrüstung der Komfortblinker - Anwendung. BMW 3er (E30) Bj.

Comment

Originally posted by flipper325es View Post
                    I would like to do the same mod, and came across this old thread while researching for what others have done.

There is now a US company that makes a similar module, but it's not cheap:

I found this on eBay (German seller but ships worldwide), and asked them for instructions, before deciding which way to proceed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/362304840047
                    I just ordered the eBay one and it arrived today. Looks the same as the one from the US company, who have the installation instrunctions here:

I'll be giving this a try at the weekend.

Comment

Anyone else done this recently?

Comment

Working...
                      X