No announcement yet.

E36 Content, talk me into/out of this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely a M3, don't know what Geroge is talking about.. That's a pretty rare color, I've only seen it once in person in the Santa Clara area, and it was on a 4 door just like this. Good luck on the car tomorrow man! I'd suggest maybe bringing a OBD 2 scan tool and check the codes, or if your really serious, maybe go get a PPI. I've been looking into e36 M3's lately myself, but I'm having trouble "loving" the body style. Plus most are priced so high, your better off buying a e46 M3 for a couple grand more.

Oh ya, also I'd highly suggest not posting links on here, where vultures and will try to beat anyone to the carcass.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
    1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
    1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
    1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
    1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
    1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
    Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
    1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
    1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post
      Definitely a M3, don't know what Geroge is talking about.. That's a pretty rare color, I've only seen it once in person in the Santa Clara area, and it was on a 4 door just like this. Good luck on the car tomorrow man! I'd suggest maybe bringing a OBD 2 scan tool and check the codes, or if your really serious, maybe go get a PPI. I've been looking into e36 M3's lately myself, but I'm having trouble "loving" the body style. Plus most are priced so high, your better off buying a e46 M3 for a couple grand more.

Oh ya, also I'd highly suggest not posting links on here, where vultures and will try to beat anyone to the carcass.
      Yeah I thought about that, turns out the guy selling is a friend of a friend too so we're on good terms to begin with
      As far as a PPI, that's goin down on Monday!
      C6Z
      S2K
      VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
        That's not an M3.

Angel eyes, faded m3 badge, something funky with the front bumper. Someone did some serious "ebay modding" to that poor (stock, non-M) car.
        That's actually an mtech front bumper, came on the lux package I found out with some googling.
        C6Z
        S2K
        VeloN

Comment

I had a e36 m3 auto as well about 10 years ago. Good reliable dailys. Just make sure like everybody else said, under the hood has to be checked thoroughly. Definitely take a scanner with you like kirieiw said. Cheers. And the best of luck to you brother!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

misfire is probably a coil pack, but look into getting at least a comp test. a leakdown will tell you way more, but is like 4x the amount of time to do.

a thing worth asking about is oil consumption. high mile S52s like to drink it up.
            cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
              misfire is probably a coil pack, but look into getting at least a comp test. a leakdown will tell you way more, but is like 4x the amount of time to do.

a thing worth asking about is oil consumption. high mile S52s like to drink it up.
              Well that's what has me worried, he's replaced spark plugs, coil pack and SP wires so it's none of that, we're gonna compression test it as soon as it's in the shop. Like I said, I'll be there this afternoon to look at it so I'll be posting more info, asking more questions and taking more pics!
              C6Z
              S2K
              VeloN

Comment

:up:

also it's got the license plate of the beast!
                cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                  :up:

also it's got the license plate of the beast!
                  Holy s**t, did not notice that till after you pointed it out...

Comment

Buy it and slams it With Volvo lip
                    1990 Alpine 325is
                    1992 Schwarz 325ic (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by faujijatt View Post
                      Holy s**t, did not notice that till after you pointed it out...

I was born into the world a classic rock/metal guy and it's just grown from there into Machine Head, Slipknot, Lamb of God, Korn, bla bla bla, so blasting that shit in it would be perfect!
                      C6Z
                      S2K
                      VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
                        I was born into the world a classic rock/metal guy and it's just grown from there into Machine Head, Slipknot, Lamb of God, Korn, bla bla bla, so blasting that shit in it would be perfect!
                        I hear you bro. Rock on! :p:p:p

Comment

She's mine!
                          C6Z
                          S2K
                          VeloN

Comment

Congrats man! Looks nice!
                            Instagram: @derkm

Comment

Originally posted by ManSalad View Post
                              Congrats man! Looks nice!
                              CL pics didn't do it justice! He also has the original brochure and window sticker!
                              C6Z
                              S2K
                              VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
                                CL pics didn't do it justice! He also has the original brochure and window sticker!
                                Exactly what I was thinking. The paint and overall condition looks great in your pics!
                                Instagram: @derkm

Comment

Working...
                                X