No announcement yet.

How much have u guys spend on ur E30? [updated with pic]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25k from April `12 to April `13 not including cost of car...I was pretty surprised when I totalled up the receipts.

Comment

so far Ive spent 4.5K in 6 months.. That was what was required in order to clean it up to something respectable.. Now im building a serious engine for it.. Im prepared for the thing to owe me 25K once its done.
      Boris - 89 E30 325i
      84- E30 323i

Comment

15k from when i got the car in 2010 to the s50 swap now.

Patrick - IG:niicknac
        RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
          Yeah I know it grows fast. I have over $400 in a set of headlights... Yes Headlights
          i got $650 plus in on startecs from germany. yes tailights.

Patrick - IG:niicknac
          RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

Originally posted by e30shmobberr View Post
            15k from when i got the car in 2010 to the s50 swap now.
            Just wondering, is the swap for S50 pass smog in Cal, since u are located in North Cal. I am very new to this car.

Comment

I quit adding to my spreadsheet about a year ago, I was starting to get depressed. Even then it was pushing 12k, and since then I've done new heater core, Sparco seat, harness, roll bar, set of track wheels...
              88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
              We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

OT but those pics are near Jtown in the Filmore huh LOL. Near the Safeway :)
                SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

I feel better now after reading this thread. Including the car I have $3700 in it. But last week the motor shredded the conrod bearing. So the engine is coming out. It was just a lowly 2.7 with an auto. Most of the money spent was on the suspension, then seats, and lots of little stuff.

I cant decide what im going to do next. I would be ok with a stock 2.5l and a manual, but a 2.8 24v is tempting.
                  Haven't you ever seen Russian Nesting Dolls? They work like that.

1987 325e / 2008 135i

Comment

Originally posted by lowsodium View Post
                    I feel better now after reading this thread. Including the car I have $3700 in it. But last week the motor shredded the conrod bearing. So the engine is coming out. It was just a lowly 2.7 with an auto. Most of the money spent was on the suspension, then seats, and lots of little stuff.

I cant decide what im going to do next. I would be ok with a stock 2.5l and a manual, but a 2.8 24v is tempting.
                    Want some advice? save the money and swap something you know you would be happy with. m20s are great but lack power in every way. The 24v is a great upgrade but it is costly to do it right. Honestly for the money now you can get a nice s52 complete for around 2,5-3k. The m50 is shit slow imo, might as well save a bit and get something worth swapping.

I went from m50 swap to a complete b27i cam'd turbo prepped engine to my current m30 build. I wish I did the m30 years ago, so much money would be saved.
                    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                    ~ '87 535
                    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

89 M3 $18.5k for the car three years ago, $25k so far into the rest/mod

Comment

1989 325is w/M60 6sp.

I think I'm at about $2.5k in my "free" shell. That's all engine/trans etc (V8 stuff).

Suspension was refreshed before the trans blew and it hit a deer, but everything is fine besides one fender and a headlight assembly.

I'm cheap though. I find deals and have great friends who give me deals on parts. I also work in parts, so I get shit cheap.
                        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by hkloverinus View Post
                          Damn bro, you have way too much E30 haha, so how much will that be if i want to swap with b25? did you swap one?
                          im gonna swap the M3, but right now all my cars are stock motors.
                          Much wow
                          I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                            im gonna swap the M3, but right now all my cars are stock motors.
                            swap for what?

Comment

Originally posted by fronton View Post
                              swap for what?
                              something that isnt 4 cylinders S38 or S54 since both are the same price
                              Much wow
                              I hate 4 doors

Comment

everytime I try to start from the begining, I get frustrated and just give up calculating.

I have holes in my f'king socks, but my E30 has the best parts on it.

figure that.
                                Originally posted by flyboyx
                                i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Working...
                                X