Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1972 2002tii

SOLD!

Up for sale is my running and driving 72 tii in fjord blue. When I bought the car, it had been sitting for about 3 years and would not start and the interior had been taken apart to clear away a mouse nest. I bought the car purely for preservation and to put it back together and pass it on to a fellow enthusiast who could give it the time and love it needs.

Mechanicals:
    The engine in the car is not the original. It was replaced by the PO with a later model 74 tii engine that he had resealed. The kugelfischer fuel injection pump has been rebuilt and functions great, the car has had the fuel delivery system overhauled (pump and most lines) recently, and the engine runs and drives great. The transmission is the original 4 speed and shifts as it should and is pretty smooth. The brakes stop the car just fine but it could use new rotors(/drums) and pads(/shoes). When I bought the car I installed a new starter, battery, ignition lines, and tuned up the fuel timing a bit so there should be no problems there. The suspension was upgraded with Bilsteins and H&Rs as well as some poly bushings so it corners and handles quite well.

Interior/Electrics:
    The interior is in decent shape overall. The drivers seat is ripping on the bottom, but the passenger and rear seats are in good shape, as are the door cards and headliner. The carpet could be replaced and there are some very good relatively cheap options out there for these cars. All of the buttons and pull/push knobs work as they should, I even think the clock still functions though I do not have it installed currently. Odometer is accurate and still ticking with 19xxxx miles on it and speedo and tach work as does the temp gauge. All lights are functional. The only note worthy issue is that the fan blower motor does not work, so I have not reinstalled the heater box yet as it need to be removed in order to replace the fan.

Body:
    The majority of the body has been resprayed in the original Fjord blue color and it appears as though it was not prepped correctly because bubbles and cracks have formed in various locations (roof, fenders, trunk, etc... see pictures) and because of this, the car has some body rust. Although most of these area are purely cosmetic, the car could use a media blasting and repaint to clean up all surfaces. The cars underside and frame/structure are all in good shape including all four shock towers and rockers with the exception of the drivers side floor pan. Where the throttle peel mounts to the floor there is a rust hole the will need to be addressed in order to remount the throttle pedal. This is a fairly common problem area on these cars. The chrome/trim is all original with a few dents but is complete and still mounted on the car.

VIN: 2761518

As it sits, the car is definitely a project, and that is how it will be sold. I want people to be able to buy the car and feel safe that the car is at a good enough state as it sits but is a blank slate as far as restoration or customization goes. I am trying to be as honest and straight forward as I can because I genuinely want the car to go to a good home. I have had a bunch of people stop me and say how cool of a car it is and it deserves to be taken care of.

$9000. I am somewhat negotiable on the price but I know what these cars are worth and how hard they are to find in decent turn-key running shape. The car is located in Burlington, Vermont. If you have any questions please feel free to comment or PM, I am more than happy to chat about the car. I am a motivated seller and am passionate about finding the car a good home that will give it what it needs. Thanks for looking!

Zach

PICTURES:

Last edited by zcenterb; 07-08-2017, 10:48 AM.
    CENTERBAR MOTORSPORT - Check out my small Bimmer/Beamer parts and custom projects business!
    Instagram: @centerbarmotorsport
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/centerbarmo...?ref=bookmarks

The Fleet:
    -1984 325ei Lapis
    -1991 325ix Diamond
    - 2005 X5 4.4i Black Sapphire

-1972 2002tii Fjord - SOLD 7/8/17
    -1991 325i S50 ///Sterling Silver/// - SOLD 9/15/17

The Bike:
    -1980 R100RS Inca

sigpic

I really enjoy these things. It's a shame I can't afford another one anymore. Hopefully someone will give it a good home. Fjord is a great color, too.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

What a shame on that repaint, these cars turn to rust if not done properly or if they sit for too long. It looks like you've provided the next person with a great starting point though!

I wish I had the coin to be able to give this a home, an 02 will eventually make its way into my collection. GLWS!

Comment

My favorite car ever was a '72 Inka Tii. It was totaled in '82 and I miss it almost every day.

glws

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

What's the VIN?
          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

276 something I bet.

lol

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Yep, VIN is 2761518
              CENTERBAR MOTORSPORT - Check out my small Bimmer/Beamer parts and custom projects business!

The Fleet:
              -1984 325ei Lapis
              -1991 325ix Diamond

The Bike:
              -1980 R100RS Inca

sigpic

Comment

free bump for a tii

GLWS!
                “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

bumps

The Fleet:
                  -1984 325ei Lapis
                  -1991 325ix Diamond

The Bike:
                  -1980 R100RS Inca

sigpic

Comment

Just a note guys I am taking the car out this weekend to get a bunch of quotes on various bodywork and rust repair, both for myself and so anyone interested has a better idea of what the car might require.

The Fleet:
                    -1984 325ei Lapis
                    -1991 325ix Diamond

The Bike:
                    -1980 R100RS Inca

sigpic

Comment

Bump

The Fleet:
                      -1984 325ei Lapis
                      -1991 325ix Diamond

The Bike:
                      -1980 R100RS Inca

sigpic

Comment

Still for sale for the time being. Considering keeping it. Whether it goes to a new home or stays with me, she will be restored one way or another...

The Fleet:
                        -1984 325ei Lapis
                        -1991 325ix Diamond

The Bike:
                        -1980 R100RS Inca

sigpic

Comment

How did the quotes go

Comment

They went well. A bit less expensive then I was expecting which was nice but it will have to be repaired at some point to get it back on the road. If you are interested and want some figures shoot me a PM and we can chat.

The Fleet:
                            -1984 325ei Lapis
                            -1991 325ix Diamond

The Bike:
                            -1980 R100RS Inca

sigpic

Comment

I'm not at this time, was just thinking it might help in your sale letting people know what they said

Comment

Working...
                              X