1989 325ix - auto - $1,500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 325ix - auto - $1,500

Ladies and Gentlemen, I believe this a a very good deal for someone who wants a cheap winter beater or an affordable e30 in good shape to build from.

Bought this car a few months ago with the intention of doing a manual swap, some paint work and make it my official winter baby. However, due to personal reasons i need to unload some of my vehicles including the e30 and also an e34 540 msport (6 speed) in case someone is reading this and gets interested.

Working odometer reads just shy of 70k miles and the car is mechanically pretty decent; drove her from the midwest to NYC with absolutely no issues; engines fires up every time, no weird noises, all wheel drive system works as it should and the previous owner had the control arms addressed just before passing the car to me. Belt and water pump done 30k miles ago. There re no leaks and tires still with some meat.

Carfax shows clean title and no accidents.

So far everything looks great, so why is it so cheap, right? Although the it has only 70k miles (and i do believe that s the true mileage of the car, you can check carfax entries), it has been cosmetically neglected over the years. Again, mechanically it s very sound, but on the rough part of the equation aesthetically speaking:

-Paint is not peeling but looks tired, was told it would get way better with a wax job, but would need to redo it often otherwise it was going to look like what you see on the pictures again.

-windshield has a small crack and probably needs to be replaced, 3in crack; dash has few small cracks, not too bad compared to many i ve seen over the years, but not crack free.

-rear passanger window doesnt work and drivers side is a bit misaligned

-manual sunroof works, but it s a little jammed

- auto gear lever cover is a bit loose

- car only opens/locks from the trunk

- car probably needs new rotors or pads

In terms of rust, i think it s not so bad, front and rear fenders, roof, hood, doors are all rust free. there only places you will find rust are under the battery tray and on the sunroof panel.

there s a little crack right where the rear fender on the drivers side is welded to the body, just above where the rear tire sits. I have no idea how that happened, whether it s from an unreported accident (as i said, carfax is clean) or if something hard hit the panel when driving over covered ground.... i really dont know, it has no effect on how the car drives, no damage to the body, but water does get into the trunk...

The car is located in Long Island /NY and pls dont haggle with me price wise, i priced already much lower than what i paid and in my opinion low enough to make this a good deal.
    Attached Files

more pics
    Attached Files

Comment

more!!!!!
      Attached Files

Comment

few more....
        Attached Files

Comment

last ones.....
          Attached Files

Comment

Yeah.....

This will last for about 1 day before it's sold.

GLWS!
            My previous build (currently E30-less)
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Smokin deal!

Comment

Absolutely a steal!!
                Build Thread
                https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=419655
                Parts Thread
                https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=408302

Comment

Good project car at a good price. Needs a dedicated buyer.

Comment

I think I'd quickly change the price to $2500, but that's just me.

Comment

If I had the space I would own this already.
                      My previous build (currently E30-less)
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by mgoblue View Post
                        I think I'd quickly change the price to $2500, but that's just me.
                        Yeah do this

Comment

e30

PM'd

Comment

Originally posted by anabolice30 View Post
                            Yeah do this

thks guys, 2,500 would be closer to what i paid, but right now i m really looking to move it quickly.

Comment

pending sale to a good guy and supporter of the r3v community

Comment

Working...
                              X