Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 5spd Swap parts list (Someone Double Check Me)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 5spd Swap parts list (Someone Double Check Me)

Take a look at my 5 speed swap list and let me know if I'm missing anything.

Thanks

--->>>1988 SETA 2.7i Build Thread (Turbo Prep)<<<---

Move the rear main seal to the must have parts. Current pilot bearings are sealed and thus don't require the felt ring etc. Also move the exhaust gaskets (for the down pipe and catback) to the must have list and add new copper plated nuts for the down pipe and new fasteners for the cat back. There's a good chance that the exhaust hanger donuts will need to be replaced.

You'll be able to tell if you need transmission seals when you get the transmission. If those areas are wet, new seals are called for.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
      Move the rear main seal to the must have parts. Current pilot bearings are sealed and thus don't require the felt ring etc. Also move the exhaust gaskets (for the down pipe and catback) to the must have list and add new copper plated nuts for the down pipe and new fasteners for the cat back. There's a good chance that the exhaust hanger donuts will need to be replaced.

You'll be able to tell if you need transmission seals when you get the transmission. If those areas are wet, new seals are called for.
      Thank you for the advice. I have done as suggested. Will be starting the swap within the month.

Comment

Parts ordered. Doing the swap next weekend!

Double check me one last time before I tear the car apart.

Comment

Working...
        X