Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are ebay turbo kits worth anything?

ones such as http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-8...QQcmdZViewItem

does anyone have any knowledge of these?
    Looking for a 3.46 or lower LSD. Lets make a deal.
    LSx e36TI coming soon
    Originally posted by s0urce
    Man, she'd be so easy to rape

ebay kits arent all that because the turbos have cheap bearings and usually the turbo manifolds rust after a while

Comment

Originally posted by TWM-M42 View Post
      ebay kits arent all that because the turbos have cheap bearings and usually the turbo manifolds rust after a while

what is their life expectancy? if its over 2 years it really wont be a prob.
      LSx e36TI coming soon

Comment

Why buy twice? Once for install and once to upgrade failed primary installed component?
        Save $$$, Buy Quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
          Why buy twice? Once for install and once to upgrade failed primary installed component?
          Save $$$, Buy Quality.

i can always buy the kit and upgrade the turbo. i just dont really have the knowledge to build one up from scratch.
          LSx e36TI coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by 325_e30 View Post
            i can always buy the kit and upgrade the turbo. i just dont really have the knowledge to build one up from scratch.

So, ummmmm..... Why pay for a worthless turbocharger? Why not look at the pics/parts list, or, go to the FI subforum and ask what people are are running, or, for a previous thread from the past that lists what others have used.

Save money and peice a kit thats a one time purchace. Unless of course you already bought the "eBay Cosmo Coilover Kit" then continue with eBay mods. I ear angeleyes are not too pricey and there is a forum of fans of those parts.

www.e30tech.com

Browse around, look for some friends. Ask your questions there. The members love to help a fellow e30'er out.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
              So, ummmmm..... Why pay for a worthless turbocharger? Why not look at the pics/parts list, or, go to the FI subforum and ask what people are are running, or, for a previous thread from the past that lists what others have used.

Save money and peice a kit thats a one time purchace. Unless of course you already bought the "eBay Cosmo Coilover Kit" then continue with eBay mods. I ear angeleyes are not too pricey and there is a forum of fans of those parts.

www.e30tech.com

Browse around, look for some friends. Ask your questions there. The members love to help a fellow e30'er out.
              You're such and an ass....but I love it!

Comment

I might get hell for that, but I was going to ask about those turbo kits as well because I am in the same boat as "325 e30" I don't know much about piecing one together. I am entertaining the idea of installing a turbo on my car but I'm not sure the factory M20B25 would take it if it is 100% stock.
                I know, I will search around for more info but I just saw a thread on Bimmerforum where this guy put a turbo kit together for around 1k for his e36 and he was not unhappy with it. Obviously not a top quality set up but it also depends on what your looking for IMO.

Anyways, I am also curious to know which parts of this kit would be considered crap? the turbo obviously, but is the manifold solid? the rest of the components?

Thanks for any input

Franck
                344is! Obd1 conversion

sigpic

Comment

Guys, keep in mind this really is not a "Turbo Kit" such as the one offered by TCD or others.

There is basically no fuel management. You would still need to get some kind of fuel control and will very likely want some kind of spark control, if not a full standalone.

Consider figuring out the whole package first, then buying bits and pieces to build it.

I am adding megasquirt first, for both fuel and spark, then building the turbo system. If I blow the motor up, it is OK, a spare can be found easily, If and when I have it making the kind of power I want to see I will build more motor if needed. Or, at least replace with fresh.

Closing SOON!
                  "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
                  X