M20 Turbo Manifold Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ak- View Post

Think of what engine this came off of lol. Flows the worst for his goals.
    I only saw that his goal was a turbo set up lol. For the price it's hard to beat.

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

ok, the neverending question :D

which manifold design is ''better''. I know that these e-bay manifolds is crap, they crack, also that they will not fit bolt on, etc.
      which of these manifolds will clear oil filter and/or oil cooler lines?
      and which manifold have better turbo locating, so I can easier get to spark plugs etc, I understand that it depends on turbo size, but yeah.

this

or this (I belive this manifold have better tube lenght, closer to all similar)

edit: ok, this won't clear oil filter+oil cooling lines, but how about euro engine brackets (aluminum ones)
      Last edited by abit; 09-02-2014, 06:43 AM.
      http://instagram.com/mundieriss
      my 88' m20b30 HERE!

Comment

I can say that top one is a freaking joke..
        Second one is good. You need to rotate the filter to clear the lines because it's
        a tight fit but they clear.

Use good bracing on the turbo flange because it will crack.

Comment

Originally posted by abit View Post
          ok, the neverending question :D

which manifold design is ''better''. I know that these e-bay manifolds is crap, they crack, also that they will not fit bolt on, etc.
          which of these manifolds will clear oil filter and/or oil cooler lines?
          and which manifold have better turbo locating, so I can easier get to spark plugs etc, I understand that it depends on turbo size, but yeah.

this

or this (I belive this manifold have better tube lenght, closer to all similar)

edit: ok, this won't clear oil filter+oil cooling lines, but how about euro engine brackets (aluminum ones)
          were do most people add a wastegaste port on the 2nd turbo manifold. anyone have any pics

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
            I can say that top one is a freaking joke..
            Second one is good. You need to rotate the filter to clear the lines because it's
            a tight fit but they clear.

Use good bracing on the turbo flange because it will crack.
            I havent cracked mine... yet.

Look up kamotors m20 stuff, there should be pictures on their of where he added a wastegate provision.

Comment

Can you post a link to that second manifold?

Comment

The crack was a hairline under the weld. You won't notice unless you inspect.

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                  were do most people add a wastegaste port on the 2nd turbo manifold. anyone have any pics

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post

Think of what engine this came off of lol. Flows the worst for his goals.

Split pulse and fairly decent size ports. Remember the m21 boost 13psi stock. Many people boost 18psi on them in europe. There are quite a few m20 people making over 400whp on these manifolds with a Holset mated to them.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

This is what I'm running, it's a manifold from the 2006 Dan Pinder manifold group buy, with an external WG provision added on and some extra weld around the flange. I feel like this is what the 1st gen CX racing manifolds are based on. I haven't had any fitment issues other than trying to make this fit with iX mount arms/strut towers.

The 2nd gen CXracing manifolds with the WG provision are probably easier to fit, but they look like shit in regards to the poor excuse for a collector, and attempt at equal length.
                      Originally posted by priapism
                      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                      Originally posted by shameson
                      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post

This is what I'm running, it's a manifold from the 2006 Dan Pinder manifold group buy, with an external WG provision added on and some extra weld around the flange. I feel like this is what the 1st gen CX racing manifolds are based on. I haven't had any fitment issues other than trying to make this fit with iX mount arms/strut towers.

The 2nd gen CXracing manifolds with the WG provision are probably easier to fit, but they look like shit in regards to the poor excuse for a collector, and attempt at equal length.
                        That's cool. Wish more people would take pics. Thanks

Comment

Both seems to be crap :tsk:

M20B28 Turbo

My Build Thread

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255839

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                            Split pulse and fairly decent size ports. Remember the m21 boost 13psi stock. Many people boost 18psi on them in europe. There are quite a few m20 people making over 400whp on these manifolds with a Holset mated to them.

Yup. 1bar and 350whp seems to be common with the hx35 and td manifold.
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:
                            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by sayed ali View Post
                              Both seems to be crap :tsk:
                              ok ok :D

but in reality... is some diference there or not
                              I just don't want to buy overpriced manifold :D
                              http://instagram.com/mundieriss
                              my 88' m20b30 HERE!

Comment

Working...
                              X