Buying a 325is & in need of help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a 325is & in need of help

Alright I'm looking to buy an e30 that I've found for a really good price! But the only thing is it's an automatic! -_- if I wanted to change the transmission from automatic to manual, how much would it cost me for parts & labor? & if anyone can refer someone who can do it without mistakes. I am new to this so I would really appreciate any help!

Thanks.

Honestly I think it depends on a few things. If it is an insanely good deal, then of course you should get it. But would you rather resell the car and try to find a manual, or do the swap?
    The swap is only really worth it if you plan on keeping the car for a long time, and loving it like your child. You could use your search bar to look at costs and labor, but it definitely depends on your resources. The more equipment you have, the quicker it will be. My guess is that it would be around $800, minus whatever you can get out of the automatic, if you decide to sell it. It's totally not impossible, I've seen them done a lot.
    I would also have to 1 up buying an "is". Gotta love them.
    And I'd also recommend the swap, or search for a standard car.
    Because standard is so much better.

Rock on,
    Fellow newbie
    -Experience is what you have right after you need it

sigpic

Comment

I'd expect a shop to charge $600-800 for labor. Parts could range from about $400 up depending on what you find.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
      X