No announcement yet.

B35 hibernation mode with MS3X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out today enjoying the scenery. I'm glad I'm not stanced because I easily straddled a porcupine carcass on a forest road that would have got caught up on a low car.

My new muffler too.

IMG_20160828_150254506-640x360.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bearmw; 08-28-2016, 06:24 PM.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

A glamour shot.

IMG_20160828_150319642-640x360.jpg
      Attached Files
      Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Here is a pic showing my obsession with keeping weight down. I also cut the brackets to remove the shock portion and then welded them solid. The same was done on the front. Foolish maybe but I like how the car handles. Hopefully I don't find myself in a situation where the 5mph bumpers are really needed but in any case I assume the risk.

IMG_20161008_140521~2.jpg
        Attached Files

Comment

Today I replaced a a torn ball joint boot. I got a pair of rubber boots and some Mobil 28 grease off eBay for not much. My ball joint was still good so I went for it. Since the boots I got didn't come with retaining springs I reused what I had being careful not to stretch them too much. This was a pretty easy job and I used boots that measure 15x30x23 mm.

Comment

I got bored...

Attached Files

Comment

I decided to make some more changes including a manual Z4 rack.
              IMG_20161029_175238.jpg
              Attached Files

Comment

And I wanted to use a smaller and bit lighter alternator so I modified the b35 bracket.
                IMG_20161029_175017.jpg
                Attached Files

Comment

I also decided to try factory style sway bar links for the IE 25 mm hollow bar due to the noise from the rod ends. The rod ends make noise and I found it annoying on a street car. Hopefully the Meyle HD links hold up in this application.
                  IMG_20161029_175054.jpg
                  Attached Files

Comment

My last change (for now) was to try a different cold air intake setup. I like the look and light weight of this one.
                    IMG_20161029_174924.jpg
                    Attached Files

Comment

IMG_20161029_174937.jpg
                      Attached Files

Comment

IMG_20161029_175107.jpg
                        Attached Files

Comment

I went back to stock brakes with Pagid red pads because although the UUCs stopped well they would squeal unless hot which became annoying as people in other cars would always hear it and well it ain't a race car.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Bearmw; 05-29-2017, 03:11 PM.

Comment

A friend of mine asked me if I thought the emblem was "big enough"? I also thought it stood out too much when it was chrome so I painted it with some flat black stove paint I had laying around. I think it looks way better this way. Much more subtle.

IMG_20170529_171112.jpg
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Bearmw; 05-29-2017, 04:06 PM.

Comment

The following are some other changes. I cleaned up the wiring some and worked on improving my idle a bit. The idle speed would creep up when hot so I added more fuel and reduced the idle timing to about 5 degree advance so now it idles at around 875-900 rather than about 1000. I also reduced the cranking pulse width at about 190° coolant which seems to help on hot restarts.I am learning to give the motor what it wants as opposed to just going by the numbers.
                              IMG_20170529_170437.jpg
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Bearmw; 05-29-2017, 03:35 PM.

Comment

IMG_20170529_170420.jpg
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X