Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2015 E30 Picnic CARAVAN - **SoCal/NorCal/Portland Route**

Hello all!

This is a special E30 Picnic and caravan year for us. Some will be missed and some will be warmly welcomed all at the same time. Lurkers? Hopefuls? Just show up already! You know you wanna!

Details for the SoCal meets NorCal meets FredK meets Portland caravan are as follows: ((watch for detail updates and changes))

SoCal crew:
    -Thursday early start Northbound
    -Thursday night layover in Yreka (MR325 and Myster-E himself!)

NorCal chums:
    -Various start times
    -Thursday night layover in Redding (Clay, Nate, the FredK)

Portland dudes:
    -Thursday night in your own beds (Andrew aka AndrewBird and maybe Darin aka CorvallisBMW)

FRIDAY FOR EVERYONE:

-(7am) NorCal chums depart Redding with power-breakfast #r3vMom

-(8:30-9am) NorCal chums and SoCal crew merge in Yreka at hotel and go potty

-(1-1:30pm) Salem Costco GAS STOP

-(2-3pm) NorCal/Socal meet with Portland dudes at Portland Home Depot ((11633 NE Glen Widing Drive, Portland, OR 97220))

-(6pm) All groups arrive at Crivellone Estate and do high fives and drink beer

--------------

Lurkers and others wanting to join:
    If anyone needs Wednesday night accommodations in NorCal, let me know. If anyone wants to join in at any of these meet-up points, contact the above group members soon and/or sound off right here.

-------------

Please keep in mind that Portland traffic can be NASTY from around 2-6pm roughly, so we are doing an alternate route off of I-5 to pick up Andrew and Darin in Portland.

Thank you all! Drive safe and see you there.

Nate and James for entertainment purposes...

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
    HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
    **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

SoCal slowpoke cruise: leave Newport Beach at 1am Friday morning, drive all day and arrive in Tacoma Friday night. Potentially meet with the rest of the cruise Friday afternoon.
    Byron
    Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
      SoCal slowpoke cruise: leave Newport Beach at 1am Friday morning, drive all day and arrive in Tacoma Friday night. Potentially meet with the rest of the cruise Friday afternoon.

You will likely be about 3-4 hours behind us depending on your bladder and fuel stop times. Good luck Byron!

PS - find us on the Facebooks. Check the R3V FB page.

Comment

Just a note, I recommend leaving Portland as early as you can.. at that time you will be SCREWED with traffic =/

Comment

How long does rush hour last up there? Might be better to leave later rather than earlier.

Comment

Assuming I actually get out on the road at 1am I should be in Portland around 4pm. What is the best route around the city to avoid traffic?
            Byron
            Leichtbau

Comment

We could do a short meal in Portland, Andrew. Add one hour to the into-Tacoma time, but would that screw us at all on your famed alternate-Portland route?

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                Assuming I actually get out on the road at 1am I should be in Portland around 4pm. What is the best route around the city to avoid traffic?
                Take I205 through Portland. It's a longer distance, but I5 gets stupid busy 4-6pm.

Originally posted by clavinZERO View Post
                We could do a short meal in Portland, Andrew. Add one hour to the into-Tacoma time, but would that screw us at all on your famed alternate-Portland route?
                Nah, I205 doesn't really get bad until 4-ish, so you should be fine.

Comment

Whatever gets us safely to the kegs, I mean James' house fastest! I am gonna bring an extra aux fan relay just in case we get snagged by the traffic, haha.

Comment

What's the site the socal group is staying at in Yreka?

Currently building a badass coffee table
                    Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Traffic on Fridays tends to start earlier in the afternoon than it does on Mon-Thurs, but I think the 2-3 timeframe for Portland/Home Depot will be safe. If you guys want food, I would suggest we roll out of Portland get get food on the WA side of the river, since the bridges are the bottlenecks (once you hit WA, the traffic nearly disappears... fucking WA drivers are scared of bridges/heights apparently and must drive at 10mph while crossing them :) )

Either way, we'll hit some traffic on I-205, but it shouldn't be bumper-to-bumper:

2pm. Estimated time from I-5/I-205 split to Home Depot: 35-50min

3pm: Estimated time from I-5/I-205 split to Home Depot: 35-90min

I think the time estimates on both are way too high, but that's what Google says based on historical data.

Comment

Thanks Darin! Great input.

Matt has the Yreka hotel info. (MR325)

Comment

I used to drive from home depot to Tualatin, right at the split, right at 2:30-3:00 when I got off work and it would take about 45 minutes with traffic. Best time I ever got was 35ish. Worst was 1.5 hours, but that was a fluke with like 5 accidents on a Friday.

Comment

... So aim for early as possible and get outta there huh?

Comment

Will maybe be meeting up in Salem.

Comment

Working...
                              X