Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1989 325ix, 154K miles, excellent condition. $7995.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 325ix, 154K miles, excellent condition. $7995.

Tears stream down my cheeks as I write this ad. Along with soul-crushing sadness is surrealness: the fact that I'm selling this gorgeous, rare BMW that took 8 months to find.

But I have to do it. I've got a son who's about to drive and he will not be without a driver's side SRS. When I bought it the plan was to have a 3rd car for my 1st born, but the reality of a 2-car garage and shared driveway space has finally sunk in.

So, sadly, she's got to go.

I had it shipped sight unseen from European Imports in Lock Haven, PA in June 2015. The previous owner was a doctor's wife who died earlier in 2015, and clearly didn't drive much. Per the Carfax report (linked below), she drove just 53,000 miles over 17 years (~3,000 miles/year). Since I purchased it I've driven ~7,000 miles.

Here are the key details:

* 154,0XX miles
    * No rust
    * A/C blows ice cold
    * Everything else works, even the hand-crank sunroof!

Perhaps because of infrequent use there were several deferred-maintenance items that I've invested over $4K clearing up. All work was done at the highly-respected Foreign Affairs in Hopkins, MN, and I have all the receipts.

* Front brakes (2/2016)
    * O2 sensor (2/2016)
    * Drive belts (2/2016)
    * Alternator (2/2016)
    * Radiator (2/2016)
    * Spark plugs (2/2016)
    * Rear shocks (12/2016)

Smaller issues were also addressed. I've done my very best to keep the car in its original vintage condition.

* Radio. It constantly displayed CODE upon purchase, and after unsuccessfully trying everything ever posted on the internet on how to resolve this issue, bought a used one with its orginal CODE card on eBay. It's the same model as the original and has worked flawlessly since its installation in 6/2015. (The original radio is included; maybe you can find a way to get it to work.)
    * Antenna Mast. This was only partially working upon purchase and was resolved with a new motor, also in 6/2015.
    * Rear Passenger Windows. Both worked intermittently. I purchased several switches with the vintage patina from a great guy on R3VLimited.com. (A few extra switches are included with purchase.)
    * Clock. This unit is notorious for having "LCD bleed," and mine too was a victim. I found a replacement from another great guy on R3VLimited.com and it's working as it should. (The original clock is also included, though has minimal value.)

As far as I know, everything on the car is original except the following:

* Windshield. This happened before my time but it's not stamped with the BMW logo like all the other glass on the car.
    * Floor Mats. It's very rare to find a car like this with original floor mats, and mine was no exception. I did what is recommended in the R3VLimited.com forums: purchase a set of 1-series mats from ECS Tuning since they fit as if they were made for a vintage 3-series. These mats are rubber and have been a terrific purchase.
    * Keys. I don't think the keys are original. Further, in December 2016 the keys ceased to operate the ignition, so I needed it re-keyed. Now there is one key for the doors and trunk and another to actually start the car. When this happened I was concerned it would be a pain to have two keys to operate the vehicle, but it's really no big deal. If it is you can have the doors re-keyed to match.

In the interest of full disclosure, complete transparency, and a happy buyer, here are the car's imperfections:

* Keys. See above. This is now a non-issue for me but it's important for anyone purchasing the car to be aware of this situation.
    * Passenger Side Lock. This does not lock or unlock with either key :)
    * Driver's Side Seat Adjustment. The seat back is fully adjustable but if reclined, needs a push from someone in the backseat to return to a more erect position. If you're the sole driver of the car this is a complete non-issue.
    * Hood Road Rash. There are a handful of small rock/stone chips that were repaired with touch-up paint. The touch-up job could be improved.
    * Hood Emblem. This has all but worn off. I kind of like the current look (hopefully picked up in the pictures); maybe you can find a nice patina-ed one as a replacement.
    * Horn. It works on about 95% of pushes. In the 5% of the time it doesn't work, I just push it again.
    * Interior. There is a small tear on the front passenger door, and there are a couple of small holes on the rear driver's side seat. I tried capturing these in the photographs and video.

Make sure to watch the video tour of the car:
    Update: The car is not for sale at the moment. I had it posted on R3VLimited and Craigslist for 24 hours and was simply unable to part ways with her, but wan...

Carfax Report:

That's it. This car is a gem. Tabs just renewed through 5/2018. I just had it professionally detailed inside and out. Tears still streaming. I get first right of refusal if you decide to sell it. Only partially kidding. If you have any questions please call me at 952-393-1543. My name is Dack.

Last edited by dack; 05-22-2017, 08:15 PM.

Price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ypresman View Post
      Price?
      Sorry ypresman and everyone else. Posted prematurely. Asking $7995.

Comment

nice ad, any engine bay photos?

Comment

You are going to cry a river! Clean E30s are disappearing so fast even if it is an automatic.

Comment

Originally posted by mgoblue View Post
            nice ad, any engine bay photos?
            I will take some ASAP and post them here.

In the meantime you can get some idea of what it looks like on the video tour I shot last night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHw7mIGEgH8. The engine scene is towards the end.

Comment

Still for sale

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Working...
                X