No announcement yet.

Opinons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so about how much money will you think it will cost to get my motor running....plus what vanos

M52 |S52 Cams|E36 Rack Swap|GC Coilover Kit |. . . . . . . . . More To Come

Comment

I'd be realistic, and not look at these cars as a hotwheels, but that's just me. I think you have the wrong mindset.

If you honestly want a 10 second car out of an E30, you better have a large bank account if you want to do it right.
      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by eightyfoure
        I think you have the wrong mindset.

If you honestly want a 10 second car out of an E30, you better have a large bank account if you want to do it right.

be serious you how hard it is to develope a 10sec car......relax all im looking for is a daily driver with some kind of performance backing it up

Comment

with that much bondo and putty in it 10 seconds is going to be near impossible. you will only get vanos if you swap to a M family motor from the E36's or newer. but you don't want to swap so i'd suggest leave it the way it is and make it look decent, it's not going to be a cheap car to build like a honda.

Comment

put your money in suspension first. then turbo the hell out of your engine.

Comment

looks like suspension is a big deal on bimmers i guess i am going to do that.......but the turbo idea i will past for now i want to see how this car reacts to NA power...... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by japspecvr6
                [...]i want to see how this car reacts to NA power...... ;)
                It doesn't. Have fun discovering that. :)

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

considering that that one guy with the dbilas ITB adn 3.0 stroker makes like 230 with probably over 50k in his engine im gonna have to say no to NA.

Comment

looks like suspension is a big deal on bimmers i guess i am going to do that.......but the turbo idea i will past for now i want to see how this car reacts to NA power...... ;)
                    suspension is a big deal on all cars, m20's won't make any power unless they're boosted, and any honda with an equal amount of mods under the hood will womp all over an e30.

Comment

wow..... no faith in the m20.....damn people..... :roll:

Comment

wow..... no faith in the m20.....damn people..... :roll:
                        maybe because we've had them for a while. you're not going to get more than 180bph with bolt ons, and even that's a stretch..

a stroker might net you 200bhp. if you're dead serious about it, that's really all you can do. a 2.8 can be made by boring to 85mm and using an ETA crank, or you could use a 3.0l kit like ireland engineering sells.

in either case you won't hit a 10 second quarter mile without serious forced induction.. the E30 is just not a quarter mile car.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando
                          in either case you won't hit a 10 second quarter mile without serious forced induction.. the E30 is just not a quarter mile car.
                          are you guys serious i really dont want to have a 10 sec car all i want is reasonable performance... so it looks like i will have to get a stroker kit.....about how much does it cost to bore yur block.... :roll:

Comment

even with a 3.0 stroker you'd be lucky to even dip into high 13's.

Comment

wassup man, welcome to bmws, german engineering, and a place where top speed is respected more the how fast u get there..

I am only 18 (i know how it is trying to build a racecar at a low age =low money, time ect.)

e30's are NOT drag racers, they are made for turns, not straight lines.. i remember seeing somones avator on here ,, it makes sense, it said
                              "drag-racing an e30 is like taking a hooker fishing. Its fun, but not what it;s made for"

you bought the perfect car to take to the track, speed around turns, and have great response at speeds 80mph+ (stock) but as far as a fast quarter mile car, nope, it;s a 2.5L SINGLE cam motor.. theres only one intake valve, and one exhaust. there is only so much you can do to the engine itself before the engine cannot do anymore. 300BHP is the most i;ve EVER seen an e30 do, and thats with a turbo. if u still want to keep this car and be competitive, get out of drag racing, and get into autocross
                              bmwcce and scca are two great groups who organzie such events. when u turn 21, you can have legal access to racing on racetracks.. a full day of racing vs "10 seconds" thats what bmws are about... anyway, if u have any questions u can PM me, good luck..
                              </img>
                              Schnitzel Not Rice....

Comment

If you want to go fast, go turbo... it's that simple.

Bimmerjim gets into the 11s with 15psi and about 300whp (350 crank?)

There are pleanty of turbo e30s running around with 400whp... although I do admit they are in sweden. lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X