• Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1992 Subaru SVX in Indiana

Up for sale is my 1992 Subaru SVX LS-L.

At a glance:
    • 135000 miles
    • 3.3 liter EG33 flat 6, 230 horsepower
    • 4 speed automatic out of a Forester, 4.44 final drive ratio. All wheel drive works great!
    • Quick Change module to remove shift torque management, plus an auxiliary trans cooler
    • New pads and cross drilled/slotted rotors all the way around
    • Suspension is in good shape.
    • New timing belt, tensioner, idlers, water pump, radiator hoses
    • All seals on the front of the engine have been replaced -- no leaks
    • Both O2 sensors replaced
    • New air filter
    • Replaced synthetic oil in both diffs, along with a new filter and fresh ATF in the transmission
    • No rust
    • All electronics work, including stock stereo and automatic climate control
    • ABS light is on - I have the parts to fix it
    • Needs some cosmetic work -- dents and sunburned paint
    • Comes with factory literature, owner's manual, repair manual, etc
    • Factory keyless entry and alarm, power sunroof and driver's seat, leather interior, cruise, heated mirrors -- this is a full-option car

This SVX is one of 14000 produced for the U.S. market between 1992 and 1997. It is an LS-L, which is the top trim level with all options. These include a power sunroof, power driver's seat, leather upholstery, a 6-speaker sound system, CD player, spoiler, in addition to standard features that include cruise control, fog lights, power heated mirrors, a driver's airbag, fully automatic climate control, a fold-down rear seat, and a rear window washer and wiper. All of the interior electronics work, including the security system and keyless entry. The automatic seat belts work well, as do all four electric windows.

The driver's window switch cluster also has loose/missing switches, but they all still work. The paint is burned off the spoiler, and it is bare fiberglass. The car will come with a spare good used rear bumper, but it needs to be painted.

It's a very solid car, and has never let me down. I use it as a daily driver, but I have 3 cars, and need to let one go. I'm asking $3000 with a clean, clear Indiana title. Chances are, I will keep fixing things as I go if it doesn't sell, and mileage will continue to go up slowly as it does get driven regularly. It is a 23 year old car, and is sold as-is with no warranty.

I am open to offers or possible trades for E30 stuff. I'm really not looking for another car at this point due to my HOA being a real pain in the ass. Pics to come in the next post.

Project M42 Turbo

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Working...
    X