Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New shell for V8

Hi all.

Have just posted in the General Discussion forum for advice on swapping the front section of my car following a meeting with a concrete wall on a dual carriage way. I am currently looking at 2 options.
    1) Remove front end from shell A and replace with front end of shell B.
    2) swap all running gear from shell A into shell B.

Option 1 is dependent on whether the chassis definitely isn't bent in any way BTW so this thread is more regarding option 2.

Does anyone have a list or knowledge of exactly what I would need to do to get a swap out to go as smoothly as possible? I guess what i'm asking really is will the swap over be easier because I already have all the necessary parts i.e strip out the newly bought shell and move across my existing v8 related parts (Engine and drive train, exhaust, wheels and suspension etc) or is there any other work that I need to do when doing the swap particularly on the new shell(i.e preparation or wiring of any sort)

Thanks

Iam

What v8 you workin with bro?
    Originally posted by blunttech
    r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

m60 4.0 liter

Comment

running gear out of crashed shell, put into shell B, its what i did with my last mishap, and saved me alot of time and head ache from problems you dont see on initial inspection of crashed shell
        "God created turbo lag to give V8's a chance" Taylor D.

Comment

So is it as straight forward as I'd hoped? Was wondering about electrical things like the tachometer and getting it to read correctly. Would I have to make any mods to the wiring in the new car shell?
          Last edited by iam; 01-08-2012, 02:08 PM.

Comment

take everything that makes that motor run in that car, and put it in the other car, harness, exhaust, intake set up, any trans brace and or subframe that had to be mod'd take everything man, seems like a lot but in the end you wont have to deal with a door seal that leaks air on the freeway or leaking water when it rains or anything like that
            "God created turbo lag to give V8's a chance" Taylor D.

Comment

Thanks. I was looking at the damage behind the panels and I think there might well be some chassis pulling needed which would make the cost that much more expensive.

Comment

Working...
              X