Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dailyrider View Post
    Great thread here!

Im looking at running 17x8 +40 and 17x9 +45 with 20mm 4 to 5 lug adapters. I figure the fronts will work perfect but wondering about that extra +5 in the rear and any clearance issues. Im on broadway static 16/18k. Pretty flexible on tire size as well...any recommendations sir?

Thank you!
    That's pretty much perfect. I'd go with 205/40 front and 215/40 rear tires for easy fitment. If you really want big tires, 215/40 and 235/40 can work with some rear fender rolling and maybe pulling. I'd go for the stretch, though.

Also, a recommendation on your spring rates that's totally unasked for. That front rate is waaaaayyyyyy too high. The motion ratio of the rear suspension of an E30 means the wheel rate is, in reality, about 60% of the spring rate. The front is close to 100%. This means that in effect, your rear springs are the equivalent of 10K front springs.

I have almost the same coilovers, with a similar suspension setup (Z3M). I have tried an uncountable amount of spring rate combinations, and landed on 10K/18K as perfect. The ride quality difference going from just 12K to 10K was dramatic. There is zero chance of a street tire being able to handle 16K worth of spring, the front of your car will skip and bounce along the roadway rather than absorb the undulation and keep the tire planted. Again, totally uncalled for, but I'm telling you. The best mod you can do is 10 or 12K front springs to re-balance your car and let the front struts actually move.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
      16x8 et20 lowered on H&R race/e90hats.

16/45/??? Don't want to roll the fenders.:-D

edit, down for a mild roll. I really want to run 225s
      Needs a rear roll for 225/45/16s.

Comment

Originally posted by hexe30 View Post
        Looking at some 16x8 +25 bbs wheels. HR/bilstine suspension setup. Would they work and what's the largest tire I could fit. May also in the future do UCC brake setup. Thanks ahead time.
        3mm front spacers and 225/45/16 tires.

Comment

Originally posted by cwlo View Post
          I've got 17x8.5" et40 5 lug kit with e36 hubs front (+12), z4 (+2.5) hubs rear. GC coilovers w/camber plates. What size tire and spacer can I run?

Thanks!
          10mm spacers front and rear with 235/40s would work and look great.

Comment

Originally posted by cspec View Post
            Hey Mystikal, thanks ahead for the help!

Just bought 15x8 +20

What kind of tire size can I run?

Lowered with Vogtland springs and E90 top hats in the front.
            No problem. 205/55, 205/50, and 225/45 work without modification. 225/50s require a rear fender roll.

Comment

Originally posted by randywalters View Post
              Those Borbets weren't scraping on the strut housing when cranked to the ends as the sidewall-to-strut tube doesn't change when turning as they both turn together. What was scraping was the inner rim on the end of the swaybar at full lock. BTDT.

If those 15x7 wheels are truly ET27 they will not rub the strut housings since the tube angles further and further away from the sidewall the higher up you go, but that tire is taller than stock and might be tall enough to rub the underside of the front spring perch so you might want to check into that further.

Here's a pic of the strut clearance of my Kosei K1 15x7 ET27 with 225/50-15 Kumho V700 R-compound tires. Note where the spring perch starts angling away from the strut tube above the tread - this is the dimension i'd be concerned about with a taller 205/60 tire.
              RANDY EFFING WALTERS

You were the E30 fitment king of bimmer.org, roadfly, etc. I learned so much from your Ronal/Kosei posts back in the 90s. What a surprise to see you stroll in here.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonF34 View Post
                I have an E30 vert with E30 M3 5 lug swap.
                Sitting on H&R sport OE springs.
                I have camber plates in front set at -3 deg rear is also -3 deg from H&R springs.

I have a set of Style 5s 16x8 et23. Can I run 225 x 50 x16 Bridgestone potoenza re-71r for autox?
                No, thanks to the thicker M3 hubs fitment is tight. 225/45 might just barely squeeze by with a rear fender roll.

Comment

E30 Vert 16x8

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                  No, thanks to the thicker M3 hubs fitment is tight. 225/45 might just barely squeeze by with a rear fender roll.
                  Thanks, this is a great thing you are doing.

For autox and fitment would you recommend 205/50 Potenza , Dunlop Direzza 225/45 or BFG Rizal S 215/45

Comment

16"x8" ET29. Tires are 225/45R16.

What size spacers front and rear? 1990 325is on H&R Sport.
                    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                      That's pretty much perfect. I'd go with 205/40 front and 215/40 rear tires for easy fitment. If you really want big tires, 215/40 and 235/40 can work with some rear fender rolling and maybe pulling. I'd go for the stretch, though.

Also, a recommendation on your spring rates that's totally unasked for. That front rate is waaaaayyyyyy too high. The motion ratio of the rear suspension of an E30 means the wheel rate is, in reality, about 60% of the spring rate. The front is close to 100%. This means that in effect, your rear springs are the equivalent of 10K front springs.

I have almost the same coilovers, with a similar suspension setup (Z3M). I have tried an uncountable amount of spring rate combinations, and landed on 10K/18K as perfect. The ride quality difference going from just 12K to 10K was dramatic. There is zero chance of a street tire being able to handle 16K worth of spring, the front of your car will skip and bounce along the roadway rather than absorb the undulation and keep the tire planted. Again, totally uncalled for, but I'm telling you. The best mod you can do is 10 or 12K front springs to re-balance your car and let the front struts actually move.

Huge thanks man. Great info. I ended up with a different set of wheels. Work 17x8/9 et 35 with 18mm adapters. Put 235/40 on the rear and 215/45 on the front...cause I nerded out about matching sidewalk height. Front clear with the roll and pull but I rub on the front of the wheel well. Rear is just about perfect. Going to try 215/40.

And yeah man no joke on the spring rates. Bouncy as fuuuug. I will be looking into your recommendation for sure.

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Current Rides:
                      91 318is S50swap
                      94.5 F250 7.3 Dana 60 Swap/SD spring swap
                      99 VFR800 Street Fighter
                      2002 DRZ400e...Titled
                      2007 DR650 Supermoto (WIP)
                      1981 XS650 Choppaaaa (WIP)

Comment

Will this require spacers to clear the caliper?
                        front: bbs rs 039 16x7 et24
                        rear: bbs rs 040 16x8 et24

Comment

I am currently purchasing esm 002's staggered 16x8 F(20 offset) 16x9 R(15 offset). What size tires are my best bet. Also, do i need spacers for the fronts or rears?

Comment

How well will these fit on a mostly stock '92 e30 Cabrio? 16x7 +30 4x100 Sparco Terra with 215/50-16 Dunlop Direzza DZ102.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

looking for a 15x9 and r comp that will fit under stock fenders and clear rx7 calipers?
                              E30 S54

Comment

16x8 et15 no fender rolling

Could I run a 16x8 et15 wheel with a 205-50-16 tire with no fender rolling?
                                If not what can I do to run 16x8s?

Comment

Working...
                                X