Custom Stroker pistons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Stroker pistons?

I'm trying to find a good set of 2.8 pistons for my stroker. Is there a preffered set for this setup? What information would I need to supply the shop if I wanted to order a set? Stroke, bore, compression, etc., or if I said 2.8 stroker 10.1:1 would they know exactly what I need? Might as well ask, this is one of the last things on my list. Thanks.

You need to call a custom piston maker and tell them what you need.

2.8L stroker isn't going to be one of the things you tell them that helps.

bore
    stroke
    conrod length
    what head/engine
    desired compression

I would recommend NOT going to JE Forged Pistons.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
        I would recommend NOT going to JE Forged Pistons.
        What type of problems have you had with JE? I'm curious because I've used them in Porsche 911 rebuilds and the quality has been excellent.

Comment

Explanation:

Comment

if you want to say 2.8 stroker and get pistons call metric mechanic.

Comment

Originally posted by DrMcDave
              if you want to say 2.8 stroker and get pistons call metric mechanic.
              Everything from MM is way overpriced compared to what you can source all on your own.

Comment

I had a similar deal with Top End Performance and TWM Throttles recently. It took 6 weeks to get a set of throttles made up for one of my customers and then they shipped it to the wrong address! It sucks being at the mercy of your suppliers.

I have, however, had good luck dealing with JE directly. We are a dealer for their pistons (primarily Porsche) and have had good experiences so far. That being said I know a lot of people who won't use their pistons. Their reasons are well justified and have had experiences just like Jordan's. At least there are other options out there to make everyone happy.

Comment

Jordan,

What manufacturer/source do you recommend for pistons?

Comment

Ross, Wiseco, or Alusil are easily just as good. Pretty much everyone is going to be using the same hardware on the tooling side these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
                      Everything from MM is way overpriced compared to what you can source all on your own.
                      i know but you can literally call and say that and get what you want.

Comment

Working...
                      X