Massive - Rear 318Ti & Z3 brake kit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massive - Rear 318Ti & Z3 brake kit.

Allow me to introduce this exclusive new rear kit for 318Ti and Z3s. Rotors are 310mm x 32mm and dirt cheap to replace at around $120/set. The thick 32mm rotors allow extra efficient cooling for racing. The steel ring is the optional handbrake. $1550usd + $85usd pads. Optional handbrake ring is $250usd. Rear caliper are custom orders.

No other supplier offers a rear kit for 318Ti and Z3s, and it is great for those of you who went to 5 lug conversion on your e3o using 318Ti rear hubs.

Perfect match for a front 13" or 14" kit.

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Nice . I'm loving the nice thick rotors and beefy calipers . :up:

All I have is wimpy Mcoupe brakes in the rear . :(

Does this set-up change the offset at all Lee ?

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
      Nice . I'm loving the nice thick rotors and beefy calipers . :up:

All I have is wimpy Mcoupe brakes in the rear . :(

Does this set-up change the offset at all Lee ?
      That rear kit only moves the wheel out by 0.5mm and it only has to do with the thicker 8mm hats, vs 7,5mm stock steel discs. The inner face of this kit is exactly where the inner face of a stock rotor would be. It is a transparent swap, even with the steel handbrake ring.

This kit is barely bigger in diameter than an M Coupe rear disc. The advantage would be the extra thickness of the rotors that promote better cooling, and the cheaper cost of replacement rotors. Nonetheless, the street version (handbrake) will not fit an M Coupe has the Coupe uses 180mm hanbrake shoes (just as e36 M3s), versus 160 for the rest of the e36 production. The other advantage though would be the use of stiff 4 pistons calipers for racers. Let's see over the next month how the market will receive this new product.
      Last edited by Massive Lee; 04-15-2008, 10:34 AM.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Cool products. I have a 1.9l Z3 rear and e36 m3 front brakes. The upgrade gave way more braking area in the front but only a marginal increase in the rear. When i need to fix the brakes next time i'll be all over this.

edit: Are there different hat requirements for z3 variations eg. 1.8, 1.9, 2.8, 3.0? My rotors look taller if they were laying flat on a table like they are in the first picture. I've read on the interweb that there were different track widths based on engine size which were changed with the use of different hubs. correct my misinformation please if i'm wrong.
        Last edited by rkettner; 04-16-2008, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rkettner View Post
          My rotors look taller if they were laying flat on a table like they are in the first picture.
          That might be an optical illusion that has to do because stock rotors are 10mm thick, while the one pictured on top is 32mm thick. That's almost one inch thicker. Which means the hat is one inch shallower.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

yeah for sure. i see that now.

Comment

In regard of Z3 fitment, there are indeed several hubs on that chassis. I have tried fitment on an e30 with Z3 hubs (1.9 maybe, or maybe M, I have to investigate a bit more) which is wider by perhaps 4.5mm meaning a 4.5mm shim is inserted between the mount and the trailing arm ears. No big deal. I will do more testing soon on as many Z3s as I can.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Working...
              X