Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now those are some expensive pants!

Wow: http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1890s-Le...d=p3286.c0.m14

Cliffs: Pair of vintage Levi Jeans on ebay for nearly $35,000.
    $500, Diamantschwarz, and a Dream

"candle wax", yeah right. someone blew their load all over them

Comment

I was watching a special on CNBC about Levi Strauss Co. last week. There's a huge collectors market for vintage Levi's, so if you have any relatives with old clothes in their attic, they could be sitting on some serious cash.

Comment

Originally posted by BillBrasky View Post
        I was watching a special on CNBC about Levi Strauss Co. last week. There's a huge collectors market for vintage Levi's, so if you have any relatives with old clothes in their attic, they could be sitting on some serious cash.
        you should start getting all your clothes from family attics, that'll really break the corporate chain. oh but you wouldnt want levi's...thats a mighty big evil company.

Comment

Keep in mind, it's not "going for $35k," it's just listed for $35k.

But knowing idiots, someone will come and pick it up. Kind of cool that they're over a hundred years old.

Comment

I'm not impressed.

Comment

Even 20 year old 501s are now collector items. That's because current production is pretty shitty with light 12oz denim, while it was common to have 15oz denim 10 years ago, and even 21oz a century ago.

I am a big fan of "shrink-to-fit" 501s and just can't find them with the proper material. I do have a huge stack of worn 501s that I wore "back in the days" and just can't throw them out.
              Last edited by Massive Lee; 08-12-2009, 03:00 PM.
              Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

I offered him $10 for them. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

what a rip, i can buy a pair that look just like that at hollister for 60 buxx

Comment

Originally posted by lennon View Post
                    you should start getting all your clothes from family attics, that'll really break the corporate chain. oh but you wouldnt want levi's...thats a mighty big evil company.

I'm sorry, but you have completely misunderstood me. By no means am I an anti-establishment liberal, nor am I some kind of dumbass, union, "buy American only" type. I am a full, pro-business, red blooded, American capitalist. I own stock in a lot of Fortune 500 companies. The message in my sig is meant to patronize small businesses over the large big box chain (wal-mart, target, lowe's, home depot etc.) stores whenever possible. The big chains are legal, for the most part, in what they do and how they conduct business. It is up to the consumers to become more educated about how and where they shop. Most people do not see the long term effect that these mega-chains have on a local small business community and fail to see how they actually lower their standard of living as a whole. I was just about to get rid of this sig because so many people have misinterpreted it.

Comment

Originally posted by BillBrasky View Post
                      I'm sorry, but you have completely misunderstood me. By no means am I an anti-establishment liberal, nor am I some kind of dumbass, union, "buy American only" type. I am a full, pro-business, red blooded, American capitalist. I own stock in a lot of Fortune 500 companies. The message in my sig is meant to patronize small businesses over the large big box chain (wal-mart, target, lowe's, home depot etc.) stores whenever possible. The big chains are legal, for the most part, in what they do and how they conduct business. It is up to the consumers to become more educated about how and where they shop. Most people do not see the long term effect that these mega-chains have on a local small business community and fail to see how they actually lower their standard of living as a whole. I was just about to get rid of this sig because so many people have misinterpreted it.
                      i was just messing with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                        Even 20 year old 501s are now collector items. That's because current production is pretty shitty with light 12oz denim, while it was common to have 15oz denim 10 years ago, and even 21oz a century ago.

I am a big fan of "shrink-to-fit" 501s and just can't find them with the proper material. I do have a huge stack of worn 501s that I wore "back in the days" and just can't throw them out.
                        yes new 501s are totally different. they seem to have changed a few times in the last several years. theyre way thinner/different denim, and they definitely fit different. im talking about pre-shrunk and shrink-to-fit. both have changed for the worse but shrink to fits are a bit better quality. i started to move over to 505s just because the fit is better and theyre thicker, but i got a pair recently and theyre thin and seem to be a different cut. what the fuck levis? maybe ive gotta shell out 500 bucks for some of their vintage jeans they sell, or 35k for real ones.

Comment

They are not that nice... (looks around)

Comment

Working...
                          X