Comment

Title checks out.

Check was sent.

Shipper is being arranged.

Could be awesome. Could be awesomer.
      ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Nice man!

Not every car bought through eBay is a title swapped, flood recovery. Even when you take a chance, more often then not sellers are trying to be honest and legit.

Keep us informed one you get it.
        Last edited by djjerme; 11-22-2016, 07:32 PM.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

881USD to ship it.

I coukd probably cut some more out of that price by calling the motor carrier or brokers directly, but I want this thing on the way to me.

I imagine rather than putting the title in the car, I'll have him mail it to me.

Comment

Got a call from the shipper late last night to hash out details.

They are brokers. A round about way: using a website to find a broker who will then bid it out to their motor carriers. Again, I could use SAFER (gov website MC/DOT lookup for inspection issues, etc) to vet my own and call directly.. but it is like using PayPal.. there is a convenience and some protection involved. Hate or love PP, they do offer some benefits. It seems uShip does just that.

Money goes into an escrow of sorts. I am given a release code. When the vehicle is delivered, I provide the code so the shipper may receive his funds.

I hope they find a carrier today. When they do I will get an email with some more details of dates for pick up and drop off.

Time to read up on the M6x. The E38 had one.l I did just some tune up stuff under the hood. Slightly familiar, certainly not enough.

This will be fun. When it arrives, I will start another thread in the project sub. I am thinking like the E34 M5 thread (not trying to compete with that awesome one), there can be an E34 Dinan thread.

I will share some more details there on my investigations into the vehicle, PO, etc.

Comment

Since you have more money to spend then knowledge of cars and know how - can I direct you to UNICEF? Or perhaps my bank account? :rofl: I kid, I kid.
              Originally posted by Matt-B
              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

It is silly I suppose. My wife almost even thought it was silly.. but the bills are paid, the kids are healthy, there is no need and not much want in my household.

Money is like horse manure. It is only good if you spread it around. I try not to be a slave to it. I have great responsibility in my work. I work lots of hours, too.

I also try to enjoy. This is one enjoyment. My kids are craving the chance to get in the convertible and go for a spin again. They are worried it might be too fast.

And the only way I can get that balance of "more money than knowledge of cars" is to work at it. If I really had money I would buy a new car, ship it to Dinan and have them tweak it. Or maybe more reasonably, say while the car is in CA, send it to Dinan for a full driveline rehab. I am not afforded that luxury. Nor is it really a luxury; working on cars is fun. I learn and the results are typically immediate; great reward.

Comment

You could have bought a ticket, flown out and driven it home. Paid the guy in person.

I did this with my M3, only I had to leave the country to get it. 1000 miles of driving with no license plates. No one batted an eye.

Where is your sense of adventure?

Will
                  '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                  '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                  '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                  '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                    You could have bought a ticket, flown out and driven it home. Paid the guy in person.

I did this with my M3, only I had to leave the country to get it. 1000 miles of driving with no license plates. No one batted an eye.

Where is your sense of adventure?

Will

Cost analysis just ain't there for this one. Under $900 and the car will be pretty much at my front door (I believe even a full Class A vehicle transporter could navigate my area); maybe I will need to visit the driver at the local commercial parking lot. That's as far as I am going.

Comment

Pick up today'ish.

Delivery come 28 or 29th.

Title in mail. He is able to send car with the tags. Souvenir?

Comment

Pick up delayed for check to clear...

Last edited by TimeMachinE30; 11-26-2016, 08:03 PM.

Comment

haha Black Friday winning
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I hope it's all you're hoping it is

Comment

for the overall price paid, I dont think he can lose! Im quite jealous of the purchase
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

This weekend I got a call for a car I left my number on mamy months ago. A 190E 2.3 16v.

On the way home from work, on a route I usually avoid, a Euro E24 M6.

Not once a year, space out the purchases. No, all in a week.

The Dinan will be super. Worse case, swap motor. Seems a local healthy M60 is already pulled for another members S38 E34 swap. Fate?

Comment

Working...
                                X