No announcement yet.

First Porsche. It's neat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminds me of my old car from nearly a decade ago...I miss her.
    DSC02461 by AchtungE30, on Flickr
    - Frank
    '87 325ic M-Tech 1 For Sale!
    http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=407503
    Build Thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=229347

Comment

Glad to see you got it, they are awesome cars for the money and surprising they can be very reliable. One day I will have another one haha.
      Good luck with the new toy
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

You have the early model, it uses many VW parts. I'd cross reference any new parts you need to buy with VW to see if they use the same parts. Things I can think of off the top of my head are, steering rack (RHD version though), control arms, some interior switches, relays. I am pretty sure there are more, but those are the immediate ones that pop in my head
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

The first VW thing I saw in that interior was the door handle :) Remind me of my friend's Audi UR QUATTRO
          Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

BTW a lot of people talk LS swaps, but did you know an Audi I5 20v is almost a bolt in affair?
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              BTW a lot of people talk LS swaps, but did you know an Audi I5 20v is almost a bolt in affair?

details?!

Comment

Heard they have a pretty good weight split.

Comment

Bam! No 944 discussion is complete without someone mentioning the near 50/50 weight distribution.
                  '84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
                  '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

Originally posted by kway View Post
                    Bam! No 944 discussion is complete without someone mentioning the near 50/50 weight distribution.
                    lol That's on the scales though, weight transfer is a completely different affair. I'd rather a FR layout car than a RR because of the way they rotate. Granted, suspension set-up can make or break either.

Comment

Originally posted by cwatt View Post
                      lol That's on the scales though, weight transfer is a completely different affair. I'd rather a FR layout car than a RR because of the way they rotate. Granted, suspension set-up can make or break either.
                      Engine is in front, trans is in rear Lol. You're comparing weight split between a E30 (FR)and a 911 (RR), the 944 is neither. Car and Driver actually mentioned it was one of the best cars they tested vs. other cars of the same period.

Comment

One of my favorite cars was my 951. That car looks to be in fantastic shape, enjoy it. Nice find.
                        "A BMW that needs nothing, has an owner that's not paying attention."

Comment

Damn that's a clean P-car. Congrats on the pick up!
                          Originally posted by 36brua
                          Isn't that what these forums are all about making stuff easier... OO no never mind this is r3v...
                          Patryk:up:
                          Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 325is ///M-Tech II
                          08 VW .:R32
                          04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Working...
                          X