How to add EBC to whodwho MS ECU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to add EBC to whodwho MS ECU?

I'm running the standard whodwho MS ECU, and I want to add electronic boost control. I have no idea how. Halp?

I believe you need this and the solenoid unless it has the electronic boost controller in it then you just need the solenoid.

Turn your Megasquirt into an electronic boost controller with our MK-Boost Mod-kit!

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
      I believe you need this and the solenoid unless it has the electronic boost controller in it then you just need the solenoid.

https://www.diyautotune.com/product/...ntrol-mod-kit/
      "This mod kit is not required for the MS3-Pro, MSPNP, DIYPNP, MS3X, or MicroSquirt. These units all feature a boost control output as standard equipment; just hook up a solenoid and turn it on in the software."

Is whodwho's megasquirts based off microsquirt? If so, you only need the solenoid.

I would email keith if I were you to double check.
      1987 325is 2.8L Stroker Turbo "Little Pickle aka The Green Turbo Sled"

Comment

I sent him an email, looking forward to getting this beast converted over to EBC :up:

Comment

Buy one of these MAC solenoids from eBay. Should be able to find them for like $35.

There is no proper polarity in the wiring. One will be grounded, and the other will be pinned to the back of the DB connector of your ECU.

BC is ebc, LC is launch control.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Awesome! Though I don't seem to remember a DB connector coming with the ECU, I suppose I'll have to buy one? The only thing currently plugged in is the Motronic 55-pin and the boost line for the MAP sensor.

Comment

Yes, you have to buy the connector that I pictured so it plugs into your port pictured below. Obviously the port that isn't for the tuning cable :^)

I think it's a DB15 connector?

There are cheaper options if you google them too I believe.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Can that connector above be used for a knock sensor?
                318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
                  Can that connector above be used for a knock sensor?
                  I'm going to say yes. It's something I also want to do long-term when I'm read to tinker with my car again.

When you pin whatever you're pinning to the labeled connector I posted, you go into Tuner Studio and enable that parameter according to the pin - so doing that for a knock sensor should be possible too I believe.

I think when I enabled EBC and/or LC in Tuner Studio, it was labeled something different in the drop down menu - definitely not "EBC" or "LC".

Also, for those that are trying to implement launch control with Keith's megasquirt, the PNPDIY instructions found on the site won't work. You have to pin your momentary switch to a 12v power rather than ground like the way it's documented online everywhere.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Parts ordered! Super happy to finally get moving on this. Thanks ak!

Comment

Does anyone know what input in the dropdown menu in Tunerstudios that the Launch control and Boost control pins correspond too?

Comment

I really wish Keith would reply to me as of late. Have an awesome AMC casting to send him, and lost the shipping address in my old phone. If anyone can help, PM me, please.
                        john@m20guru.com
                        Links:
                        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
                        X