No Spark Megasquirt hx35 e30 PLEASE HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Spark Megasquirt hx35 e30 PLEASE HELP

Hello everyone! Registered specifically to try and get some help with my car.
    Here's the rundown:

1987 325 "e" with m20b25 i swap hx35 turbo and associated fun bits

The car ran until the coil pack went bad. I idiotically thought something was wrong with the tune and i reflashed the wrong firmware to run autotune (this has been sorted and all is as it should be in my startup settings). The coils were then upgraded to gm coils this was all done correctly as I've quadruple checked the wiring and voltage. Its getting 12v at the + wire and on the igniter board positives. However, with an extra plug in any of the wires there is no spark when cranking. Also in test mode in tunerstudio none of the coils will fire.

I'm getting fuel. Pump turns on and primes as it should and I removed the line and turned to the "on" position. Filled a small ziplock bag with fuel.

I had a brief issue with the main relay not getting power that I believed to be bad relay but I traced this to the obc relay being bad. I jumpered the two green leads and regained power to megasquirt and the coil but still no spark.

Wires are new and coils should be fine. All fuses are good.

Later today my new cps comes in the mail and I'll give that a whirl. My question to you guys is this: Outside of the regular tests and things I can look for what electronics if any besides the obc could prevent the car from sparking? Are there any other safety features throughout the ignition I should check? Also was there any other part of the relay that Should've been jumpered other than the two fat green wires? Thanks!

Are the correct settings marked for using coil packs? Are you using COP or packs? Does your MS have the extra ignition drivers to run the coils, and how did you wire in the coils to the MS?

Comment

Ms has the extra drivers, they are GM packs not cop, all wired into the board as they should be. I've verified connections. I just think it's weird that the obc would take a crap around the time I have no spark. I know I'll drive myself nuts thinking about all the possibilities but at this point I don't even know what else to test.

Comment

Check your cps gap...mine was double gap it was supposed to be. It ran motronic fine but ms couldnt get a signel....should be 10mm between the cps and the wheel...you can use a dime as a gauge

Comment

id agree kyle except that it wont fire in test mode.

can you post your msq? ill take a look at it. what was the old coil setup? Are you sure that you need ignitors?

Comment

Working...
          X