Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lets get some iX mudflaps made. Who can help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If someone has a pair, at this point, I'm willing to shell out the money to try to get it made. I think I could mold it, if not, I'd send it out for some professionals. By my guesstimation, using the methods/materials I'm thinking of, I think it could make sense at ~$120-150 a pair if I make 20. They won't look as good as the original, but they should do well. Also, some of you all are talking about 3d printing them, and I don't think that's a good idea at all...3d printed materials are just not going to withstand outside use.

If someone is willing to let me borrow their for a month (hopefully less), I would love to give it a shot. I could give them a deposit of some sort as a symbol of good faith.

Comment

I have seen over the years on this thread that people have scanned the front mud flaps. WHERE ARE THE SCANS! Can someone make the scans available so we all have at least a small chance in hell in making these?

pretty please cherry on top...
      [/SIGPIC]"we are so totally screwed!"

Comment

Anyone have input on the hardware for the front mudflaps? I can't seem to find a part number, or even a clear picture showing what they look like. From my search, it looks like they aren't that different from the regular front e30 mudflaps, which I also can't seem to find available online...

I'm working on calculating the cost per part right now, waiting for a fellow r3v to send me the flaps, but if I'm successful, I'm still gonna need to get some hardware to kit with the flaps for people to be able to get them on their cars.

Comment

hi....
          you need pictures ?

Comment

Originally posted by SilberSurfer View Post
            hi....
            you need pictures ?
            I couldn't get anyone to send me their flaps, but it would be great if you had photos of the hardware so I could see what it looks like.

I'm still pretty sure I can mold these (not perfectly, but reasonably so) if I had a set, but I don't have any to try.

Comment

I will pull mine out of storage and take some pics

Comment

Hi
                Sorry took so long for the pics

Comment

I 'might' be in for a set if we ever get a small run made
                  89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                  I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

I'm still in if anyone ever actually builds something. It's the one set of parts I just can't find.
                    I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                    DB vert plastic bumpers
                    OEM Keys
                    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                    91 ic Calypso 3.1
                    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                    TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                    e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                      I'm still in if anyone ever actually builds something. It's the one set of parts I just can't find.
                      I think I've come across 3 sets in the past 4 years. So they're not impossible to find, but they definitely are a unicorn piece.
                      My Garage
                      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                        I think I've come across 3 sets in the past 4 years. So they're not impossible to find, but they definitely are a unicorn piece.
                        Preach. Standing offer $350 on the spot for a clean pair of IX fronts with all hardware. PM me.

HOWTOs:
                        DB vert plastic bumpers
                        OEM Keys
                        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                        91 ic Calypso 3.1
                        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                          Preach. Standing offer $350 on the spot for a clean pair of IX fronts with all hardware. PM me.
                          F#$k it. make it $400.

HOWTOs:
                          DB vert plastic bumpers
                          OEM Keys
                          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                          91 ic Calypso 3.1
                          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

2.5 month bump. offer still stands.

HOWTOs:
                            DB vert plastic bumpers
                            OEM Keys
                            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                            91 ic Calypso 3.1
                            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

ok, ill give in, i could use some money for turbo stuff, mine arent perfect but i have the mounting brackets, and i rebuilt them as the originals were falling apart, theyre all there, not the prettiest things tho, ill take pics, lemme know how much youd give me for them

Comment

What are the part numbers for these mudflaps on a 1991 ix?
                                [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
                                Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

Working...
                                X