Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been talking with Kingston lately about suspension setup for e30's. He suggested trying out the IE springs minsters of the H&R sports because the IE ones are a tiny bit stiffer. Although the IE springs ride about .5" lower. Would this have any adverse affects on the frobtfront CV joints going that low?
    89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
    I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Don't. You'll have about 1/4" of suspension travel. They will fit but the ride quality will be completely shit.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        Don't. You'll have about 1/4" of suspension travel. They will fit but the ride quality will be completely shit.
        OK. On the topic of ride quality, how much do you normally have to trim off the front bumpstops?

I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

It really only applies to bilstiens - but usually the first segment.

But what i mean is the distance between the top of the strut housing and the bottom of the strut bearing..
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

It really only applies to bilstiens - but usually the first segment.

But what i mean is the distance between the top of the strut housing and the bottom of the strut bearing..
            Understood.

Just never found an actual distance for trimming the stops.

Comment

they bump stops have several "ribs" in them, I think a total of 4 sections. you just trim out one section at a time until you get the right length - and it's better to cut less than more.

I think if you have the bump stop in front of you, it's fairly obvious where to cut.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Listen to this man ^ theres a reason he is known as mr ix, wish i had the extra cash for koni's when i had to do my struts. Billie hd's are ok but they dont seem to do anything particularly well. Honestly might have put oem's back in if i had known how harsh it was gonna be.

Comment

Currently 13.5 in the front and 13.25 in the rear.

325iX Turdbo Rally/Hillclimb/Beater

Comment

Good post. For guys doing rally-x, knowing the "high" ride height could be useful as well. Hadn't thought of that really..
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Good post. For guys doing rally-x, knowing the "high" ride height could be useful as well. Hadn't thought of that really..
                      ...other than it seems that there are about 4 cars total on R3V that are rallycrossing. But still good info to have archived I guess.

Sort of funny that the "high" ride height is still inches lower than stock. Our courses are typically pretty rough, but you can get away with a fairly low car- just not slammed. It still benefits the handling (even in the dirt) to dial out all the body roll and ridiculous ride height.

Comment

is that with H&R sports? I thought 13.5" up front was about stock. lol.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

is that with H&R sports? I thought 13.5" up front was about stock. lol.
                          Ha! Not at least on that car- stock was more like 15+! Current setup is GC coilovers...

Comment

This is my IX. Not sure about the setup, i didn't lower it

Comment

That stance is absolutely perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
                                That stance is absolutely perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Thanks! It's quite driveable even though the streets of my country are crap

Comment

Working...
                                X