No announcement yet.

Craigslist find: worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contra I feel your pain. I spent months and months looking for the perfect E30. Prices in California are getting out of hand so I had to act fast. Unfortunately I sort of regret hastily buying my 90is because the body is rough and paint is half gone. I was blinded by all the tasteful upgrades that already been performed by the PO. Also the interior is mint minus the usual cracked dash from the cruel Cali summers.

Anyways, my main point is that I also would also suggest to find an example with a clean body and paint.
    90 Bronzit 325is
    16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

I don't think there is a lot of risk in buying any e30 318is unless you have frame defect, powertrain failure, or major rust issues. Most of you are familiar with BAT and the general price trend, I follow a lot of German sites too. These list on mobile.de and simply disappear within days flat. All conditions and price ranges. I suspect there are some bigger fishes across the pond starting to stock supply for re-conditioning and/or restoration. Demand is definitely there and its not like bmw is making any more of them.

That low mile 318is on BAT a couple months ago went to a collector in England if I recall correctly. And that's after the currency collapse. When you start seeing collectors buying from overseas, especially with a crap currency, its telling you your market is valuing the item too low. That will change.

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
        I'd have passed as soon as I read "Fresh Paint last year ($1000)” and saw the picture of the rear seat the seller couldn't bother to wipe down before taking pictures of it to go in a for sale ad. But that's just me...
        The lack of effort on some of these ads is ridiculous. One can only wonder how careless the owner is about other aspects of the car's maintenance.
        F80 ///M3 CS
        i3 REx LCI
        Previous: F80 M3 • I01 i3 REx • F30 340i M Sport ZTR • F30 328i Sport • Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250

Comment

Working...
        X