• Show
Clear All

dis gone b good
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

curious to hear about the k-data megasquirt. I haven't had much response from them and am not sure they were a legit company/supplier that would sell/ship to the united states.
      318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
      '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

K-Data Standalone ECU

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
        curious to hear about the k-data megasquirt. I haven't had much response from them and am not sure they were a legit company/supplier that would sell/ship to the united states.
        I bought the K-Data off my buddy who bought it for his 86 325e with an i head swap earlier this year. I think he waited about 5-7 weeks to receive it. Setup, install and tuning was pretty straight forward if you are familiar at all with Megasquirt. It is a quality product. He ran it for a minute, did some road-tuning & dyno tuning with it, but opted to go a different route with his build when he had a chance to do an M52 swap instead.

Though it is labelled for the M20, it should be just as easy to run my M30B35 with this ECU. I had actually already purchased a used DIY MS2 off another forum before I bought this K-Data, but testing the board proved I was sold a dud. At least I know this K-Data functions properly. Time will tell if it is any more reliable than a DIY Megasquirt, but I would bet that it is.

Also my family heritage is Finnish, so I thought it was pretty neat to be able to use a product assembled and designed in Finland. :)

Comment

Hmmmm :)
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
          X