WTB: E30 325is or 318is Alpine white coupe in Southern California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    s1uma1 has exactly that, but its not for sale... However cash alsways talks. I know its a super clean car thats worth the north end of your budget
    Lol. How funny. I messaged him... very difficult for me to let her go, but i love his motivation and will entertain the thought.

Comment

Originally posted by s1uma1 View Post
      Lol. How funny. I messaged him... very difficult for me to let her go, but i love his motivation and will entertain the thought.
      And then you can buy another Alpine E30 thats already swapped... spend a little more to make it BAR legal and you can profit and I can move on with my Vintage Racing Adventures
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        s1uma1 has exactly that, but its not for sale... However cash alsways talks. I know its a super clean car thats worth the north end of your budget
        He did indeed contact me. Hopefully I will be checking it out soon! You guys have all been great.

Comment

bump:D

Comment

bump

Comment

bump:popcorn:

Comment

BUMP

Comment

I recently "sold" my '88 325is but i've been holding it for the buyer (an aquaintance) for well over a month now and he still hasn't sealed the deal. I'm getting tired of getting put off week after week so i may be putting the car up for actual sale soon. Aside from the Ground Control Race Springs (which we planned to remove and replace with my previous H&R Sports if he ever gets off his ass) it might be a nice candidate for your dad.
                  Randy Walters

2021 Mazda 3 Sedan Premium AWD
                  1988 325is (w/89 bumpers, recently sold)
                  1989 325is (Broadsided long ago RIP)
                  1996 328is (Sold to Matt J)
                  2003 530i Sport (Spare car now)
                  2005 X3 (little woman's car)
                  Driving Instructor BMW CCA L.A. & S.D. Chapters
                  Multiple L.A. & S.D. Region SCCA Autocross Championships

Comment

PM'd!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by randywalters View Post
                      I recently "sold" my '88 325is but i've been holding it for the buyer (an aquaintance) for well over a month now and he still hasn't sealed the deal. I'm getting tired of getting put off week after week so i may be putting the car up for actual sale soon. Aside from the Ground Control Race Springs (which we planned to remove and replace with my previous H&R Sports if he ever gets off his ass) it might be a nice candidate for your dad.
                      I appreciate the offer and for reaching out! However, I should have specified I'm looking for plastic bumper years only, 89-91. Thank you for the thought and hope the buyer commits soon! I do feel your frustration. Being much older now with a career, I value time just as much as I do my money.

Comment

Replied!

Originally posted by aldizzurp View Post
                        PM'd!

Comment

Originally posted by weislow View Post
                          I appreciate the offer and for reaching out! However, I should have specified I'm looking for plastic bumper years only, 89-91. Thank you for the thought and hope the buyer commits soon! I do feel your frustration. Being much older now with a career, I value time just as much as I do my money.
                          Ah.

Aside from the different bumpers, the '88 is virtually the same exact car as an '89. The only other difference i have found is the power window mechanism and side front glass have different part numbers between '88 vs '89.

Back in the 90's i bought my '88 325is knowing full well that i could bolt on the plastic bumpers that i'd kept from my previous 325is and make it look like an 89. There is only one visual clue that exposes my car as an '88, and it's hidden under the rear bumper (a true enthusiast will know what i'm talking about ha ha).

Attached Files
                          Last edited by randywalters; 06-30-2017, 06:57 PM.
                          Randy Walters

2021 Mazda 3 Sedan Premium AWD
                          1988 325is (w/89 bumpers, recently sold)
                          1989 325is (Broadsided long ago RIP)
                          1996 328is (Sold to Matt J)
                          2003 530i Sport (Spare car now)
                          2005 X3 (little woman's car)
                          Driving Instructor BMW CCA L.A. & S.D. Chapters
                          Multiple L.A. & S.D. Region SCCA Autocross Championships

Comment

Working...
                          X