No announcement yet.

Weekly Meet in College Park Starbucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The regulars are always there. Well, most of us anyway. It's a rare rare event when all of us don't show up. It would have to be Christmas on a Friday for the meet to not happen.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

So next week Cuban food?
      1993 Laguna M50 "Helen"
      1987 M20 325i "Ron Burgundy"
      1987 M20 325e "Billy"

"He who shall be last shall be sideways and smiling." - Clarkson

Comment

Cuba de Ayer? I'm game. We should call ahead though.

AWD > RWD

Comment

Hmmmm Im hoping to stop by this week. Now that my swap is done I wanted someone very familiar with E30's to take it for a spin and let me know their thoughts!!

Comment

You shouldn't have a problem with that as I'd say that all of the regulars are pretty darn intimately familiar with E30s by now.

Comment

I wonder how many we have collectively owned. Over or under 40? Probably over.
              AWD > RWD

Comment

haha! well I have three right now lmao. early vert and late vert and a parts car. and thats in the last 2 months. Parts car was, well, for parts. Black late model vert is mine. White early vert was a good deal and I thought about doing a s50/52 swap on it, but its almost too clean (2 owners, no rust, new top) and has a broken timing belt.

The vert i had swapped to 5mt has a bit of a howling/whistle at low speed when cold. Seems to go away once warmed up. I can't figure out what its from. I thought it could be wind from the top or one of the windows being dwn, but I could not confirm. Its hard to describe. It also has some steering vibration (really bad at 55mph) even though I had some BBS's installed with brand new rubber....

Comment

Originally posted by quanaman View Post
                  . It also has some steering vibration (really bad at 55mph) even though I had some BBS's installed with brand new rubber....
                  Originally posted by quanaman View Post
                  Having a shitty time with these hub rings.
                  Tried 73mm at the store, they didn't fit. Got 67mm on ebay shipped to me, they also didnt fit. Just ordered another set of 70mm, hopefully they will work....If not Im tempted to throw in the 67mm even though they're not exactly the right size.
                  Did you get the right size hubrings? I saw this in your wheel thread. If you went with the 67mm if they were not quite right it could be causing your vibrations.
                  1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
                  1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
                  September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
                  Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

I went to a couple meets a few years ago with my old car. Once I get my new one back from storage and getting some work done this winter I will have to join you guys in the spring. I haven't gone to meets or events in a long time and looking to get back into it.

Anyone else heading to the Vintage in May?
                    1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
                    1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
                    September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
                    Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

After ordering 4 different sets, I realized the hub size for these wheels is 70mm. the 67 ended up being too small, 73 ended up being too big. So I orderd 70 and these fit pretty well. It was a bit tough to get the wheels installed, but i attributed that to the first time the plastic hub rings were being used and the general shittiness of lug bolts

At this point I may swap the wheels with one of the other cars to see if its still there, thats all I can think of doing

edit-your car looks dope!

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                        I wonder how many we have collectively owned. Over or under 40? Probably over.
                        Over, I've had 11, you've had at least 4, the Jeffs have had at least 8, so my guess would be near 50.

Comment

How do we count the ones we've sold within the group?

I've owned cars previously owned by Yun and Philippe and then a few have been co-owned with J1.

E30s I've owned on my own? 3
                          1993 Laguna M50 "Helen"
                          1987 M20 325i "Ron Burgundy"
                          1987 M20 325e "Billy"

"He who shall be last shall be sideways and smiling." - Clarkson

Comment

4 confirmed on my own, and 3-4 parts cars from within the group.

And yes...I'm almost back from the dead....
                            stephenbrody.com

Comment

Hah, welcome back. Is your e30 up and running?
                              AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTerp View Post
                                4 confirmed on my own, and 3-4 parts cars from within the group.

And yes...I'm almost back from the dead....
                                Amazing, didn't think you'd be back. Still driving the Xwhatsit?

Comment

Working...
                                X