Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moar please side shoots !!!!

Comment

What i always want to see when i view cars on air like in this thread is Ride Height pictures. Of course they all look great sitting on the ground, but driving around is also important.

What i seem to observe often with bags is it seems to be a compromise- you get an inch or two lower when aired out (but your wheels sink in more) and then you end up an inch or so higher when aired up at a good driveable ride height (and if you had good fitment when aired out, now your wheels are poking too much at drive height).

I haven't got bags and haven't had them before, this just seems to be my observation on air ride cars i see in photos and around the place. but then again, you just don't see many bagged cars rolling, it is usually the 'hero shot' where they're aired right out

Comment

Tailored is coming on August 6th - be there. Thanks to Mike Gilbert for being classy personified. This song is called Sean Broadway - http://www.seanbroadway.bandcamp.com.…

I think that audi nailed the fitment when lowered and when he is driving around. tho, the fronts are kinda sunk in, a little spacer would not hurt.

In for more bagged e30's.

Comment

I've been thinking about bags for the longest since I got my e30. But I keep hearing issues with maintenance. IDK if it's just shitty setups or just the systems themselves.

I'm sub'd for more info.
          Click here to leave me feedback on our transactions. :p

Comment

If you post a picture of your setup, include details/specs - that would be helpful to anyone looking to do the same.

Comment

im pretty sure all of us used white325is how to thread or something similar, or in hotrods case, was built by him.

bagriders has a "e30" kit but you still have to weld the struts and everything iirc.
              www.cp-e.com

1989 Zinno 325i m52 turbo coupe
              2015 Ford Fiesta ST, Daily Driver.

Comment

here is mine

Comment

I will go bagged one day! Oh yes it will happen!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ant_e30 View Post
                    What i seem to observe often with bags is it seems to be a compromise- you get an inch or two lower when aired out (but your wheels sink in more) and then you end up an inch or so higher when aired up at a good driveable ride height (and if you had good fitment when aired out, now your wheels are poking too much at drive height).
                    Yeah there is a compromise if you want to have perfect fitment when aired out. It's just a part of having independent suspension arms. There isn't really a way around it unless you change your offsets to tuck a bunch aired out and sit nice and "flush" aired up. It all depends on what you want.

Originally posted by poopin04 View Post
                    I've been thinking about bags for the longest since I got my e30. But I keep hearing issues with maintenance. IDK if it's just shitty setups or just the systems themselves.
                    It can all depended on the climate you live in and the type of management you go with. As cool as electric valves are, they can get seized from rust if you don't keep your system dry with proper maintenance. Water traps are an absolute must and you are supposed to drain your tank at least once a month so you dont get any rust in the system. Cooler northern climates will also cause more condensation entering the system.

Most of the e30's on air are on universal bags. I have yet to see anyone with the bag riders kit. The price is insane and you still have to cut and weld. As far as I know there is no "bolt on" kit available.

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                    I still think bags are for show/daily.

I would rather have ORT bags than that shit.
                    I agree, bags are not meant for track. But this does not mean it cant be done with decent results. It all comes down to what you do with your car. Some frequently autocross and do track days and others just daily their cars and go to shows. The whole bags vs. static debate is so stupid.

And ORT does not make bags. They just sell them.
                    RIP
                    Photo By: D.Tek

Comment

(cough)

I wish I was bagged sometimes, but I just don't think the e30 is the car for them. The perfect car to bag is one that tucks a lot of wheel when you lay it on the ground, so that when you air it up to drive, it doesn't look like a monster truck. Audis and Mercedes usually work quite well.

I've been working on this thing all week. At ride height, the front still tucks tire and the rear still tucks rim.

Byron
                      Leichtbau

Comment

side shots as requested

my tank i have 2 3 gallon tanks

my gauge set up

2nd tank

and our shirt
                        sigpic www.camberwears.com Team16Niss-Meguiars-Underground Grafix -Mediagearbox

Comment

Soon to be bagged does that count??
                          BUILDTHREAD
                          WTB LIST

Comment

hows the ride on the bags?

Comment

Well damnit, Byron. I do believe you've won this thread...

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Never saw this thread. Here's mine

Airlift universals and Air House II's. Manual management.

For those wondering, reliability wise, what I run, manual paddle valves are about as simple as you can get. No sticky valves in winter etc.

Ride quality is that of a set of IE3's or H&R races. My front struts are damper adjustable which is nice too. I can raise the car up higher then a stock e30, or lay it on the pan.

Ride height isn't much higher then this. I can grab some pics of ride height and all the way up.

Last edited by NickL; 09-05-2012, 03:34 PM.
                                1987 325is - S52

Comment

Working...
                                X