Clear All

that.is.bonerific!
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Oh man that is absolutely gorgeous. One of these days i will get my Cardinal interior re-done.
      -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
      '95 525iT
      '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
      '98 Disco 1

Comment

Originally posted by noid View Post
        I may or may not have bought more fabric then I needed ;D

No but really, always looking to help folks out.

Talked to Devin, he said he didnt mind his info here.

Contact Devin Scicluna
        Email: D.Scicluna@uneekupholstery.ca
        Phone Number 416 904 1031
        Mississauga Ontario Canada

Got the leather from a local leather wholesaler (I know a thing or two about leather). PM me if you need some, they only sell by the half hide, I can run down pick some up and ship it. 5oz is much thicker then most upholstery shops are used to working with, so keep that in mind, the finished product is 100x nicer and more durable, but shops work with upholstery leather because its thin, stretchable and takes less labour.

The inside side bolster fabric I got from a place in Mississauga Ontario, kind of place that doesn't even have a website, but has literally a warehouse of rolls of automotive fabric. They buy by the container from OEM's I presume when certain generations of vehicles end. Not the sort of place that will do anyone any justice over the phone, but if you can make it out, or have someone one go on your behalf to look around, its a quality place.

Uberkaro I got from a supplier in Germany by the meter (bought 5 meters), they have alot of other rare BMW fabrics.

Anyone who is serious in needing fabric, PM me I dont mind sharing info, just wouldn't want any of these gems to get bogged down by tire kickers.
        are you on maxbimmer? I live in Burlington. love to check your e30 out. I haven't seen another one drive around here except mine.

Comment

Thank you for the info noid. I thought you were in Burlington CAlifornia. I will keep the info because it may be worth it to ship back and forth when the time is right.
          I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Originally posted by 325isdan View Post
            are you on maxbimmer? I live in Burlington. love to check your e30 out. I haven't seen another one drive around here except mine.
            Yeah I'm on maxbimmer, same username. Sent you a PM with my contact info.
            Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

Came out great. I think most upholstery jobs just end up not looking right, but this looks perfect.
              Current:
              1989 325i
              1988 M3
              1987 325ic
              Past:
              2001 330ci
              2001 M3

Comment

Can you give ballpark figures for what the materials and labor would cost? Nothing exact, just to judge how much this kind of work costs. I'm guessing it would be close to $2200 for everything, but I have no idea.
                sigpic
                1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                  Can you give ballpark figures for what the materials and labor would cost? Nothing exact, just to judge how much this kind of work costs. I'm guessing it would be close to $2200 for everything, but I have no idea.
                  $2500 ballpark. You can save some money by not wrapping the back covers in leather (takes a fair sized half hide to do), as well as buying just enough fabric (I have quite a bit of materials left).
                  Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Comment

This is my favorite interior by far. Never been a huge fan of leather or vinyl in the summertime, but that fabric is perfect. Just absolutely perfect.

I'd be willing to purchase the uberkaro cloth fabric if there is enough to do another interior.
                    world renown Harry Potter expert
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by noid View Post
                      $2500 ballpark. You can save some money by not wrapping the back covers in leather (takes a fair sized half hide to do), as well as buying just enough fabric (I have quite a bit of materials left).
                      Awesome. That really helps put a budget for this stuff into prospective. Thanks!
                      sigpic
                      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                      1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

out of curiosity, how much fabric did you purchase and how much did you use?
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

they look OE! bloody awesome!
                          Boris - 89 E30 325i
                          84- E30 323i

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                            out of curiosity, how much fabric did you purchase and how much did you use?
                            Started out with 5 meters of uberkaro, have about 2 meters left.

Started out with 55-60sqft of leather, about 1.5 hides, bought in halves; one was ~20-22sqft, one was ~18-20sqft and the last ~14-16sqft. I have about 10sqft left, and bag full of scraps.

Bought 3 yards of the inner side bolster fabric, will have to check how much I have left later, I would suspect I have ~1.5-2 yards left.

Comment

They look awesome, very jealous!
                              sigpic
                              2008 E60 528Xi - Daily
                              1991 E30 318iS S50 ///M
                              1987 E30 325 [SOLD]

Follow my build thread!
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=385058

Comment

Wow that's gorgeous.

I should probably start a new thread, but you seem to know about this stuff.

Any source for the side bolster foam? Or entire foam sets?

Comment

Working...
                                X