Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Splitter Ideas

Hey Guys,

Has anyone made a front splitter that would work with this IS lip that acts as a full under tray? I've tossed around ideas. Where to mount splitter stanchions, some way utilizing the bumper bolts? Attaching to a skid plate?
    Something functional.
    sigpic
    1991 318is S52
    1987 325i Vert
    1991 325i
    2011 e70 X5

Need Anything E30? -> http://www.gutenparts.com/

Originally posted by GThomas View Post
    Hey Guys,

Has anyone made a front splitter that would work with this IS lip that acts as a full under tray? I've tossed around ideas. Where to mount splitter stanchions, some way utilizing the bumper bolts? Attaching to a skid plate?
    Something functional.
    Contact APR performance. (Not the VW/Audi tuning company)

They custom made me a splitter for me car.
    I asked how far back it would come and they replied, "As far back as you'd like."

I don't think it was more than $250 either.
    The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Ive been speaking with kooglewerks about their splitter. Its basically a standard iS lip splitter, but he is thinking he could make it with a second tie-in piece. I want to try this in conjunction with the red46 skidplate to get a flat bottom engine compartment area.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by berlow94 View Post

I asked how far back it would come and they replied, "As far back as you'd like."

Pic's of your set up? Which valance are you running with it?
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I think he has a mtech1 kit
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
            Pic's of your set up? Which valance are you running with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Hey Guys,

Something functional.
              I've been tossing this idea in my head for ages as well.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              Ive been speaking with kooglewerks about their splitter. Its basically a standard iS lip splitter, but he is thinking he could make it with a second tie-in piece. I want to try this in conjunction with the red46 skidplate to get a flat bottom engine compartment area.
              Interested in results since I also have the red46 skidplate
              '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
              Shadetree30

Comment

Nice, with the M-Tech kit on it. I'm actually thinking of trying out the extra Alpina valance I have on mine. Just curious to see if there is any noticeble difference.
                2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Checked their site out, lots of good info actually. Even if you are going to make your own, look at some of their pics of different mounting situations.
                  2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Nice, with the M-Tech kit on it. I'm actually thinking of trying out the extra Alpina valance I have on mine. Just curious to see if there is any noticeble difference.
                    I thinking of doing that on my Alpina B6 build.
                    Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Yes, definitely a noticeable difference!
                      Helps keep the car balanced with the wing smooshing the rear end down.

Comment

Yes, definitely a noticeable difference!
                        Helps keep the car balanced with the wing smooshing the rear end down.

Hey Andrew, do you think I would notice any difference with a Zender Evo spoiler with gurney flap up? I've got one that I've never installed. Have the M Tech 1 now, I doubt that does much at all.
                        sigpic
                        1991 318is S52
                        1987 325i Vert
                        1991 325i
                        2011 e70 X5

Comment

Hey Andrew, do you think I would notice any difference with a Zender Evo spoiler with gurney flap up? I've got one that I've never installed. Have the M Tech 1 now, I doubt that does much at all.

Maybe, but I don't think it would be more than 100 lb's of downforce.
                          I'd recommend saving your money and buying a real wing if it's a track car. Of course you look like a duechebag if you ever drive it on the street. Really depends on what your goals are with the car.
                          My GT250 from APR comes with CFD analysis of drag and downforce created at different speeds and different angles.
                          ~400 lb's of downforce at 100mph with only 70 lb's of drag!

Comment

Maybe, but I don't think it would be more than 100 lb's of downforce.
                            I'd recommend saving your money and buying a real wing if it's a track car. Of course you look like a duechebag if you ever drive it on the street. Really depends on what your goals are with the car.
                            My GT250 from APR comes with CFD analysis of drag and downforce created at different speeds and different angles.
                            ~400 lb's of downforce at 100mph with only 70 lb's of drag!

What is the width of the wing you're running?

I just installed this EVO style front lip from AIK Tunning last night, only $130 shipped! Hoping to get either APR or a local shop to build a splitter for underneath.
                            Attached Files
                            E30 S54

Comment

Originally posted by TheDirtyS54Thirty View Post
                              What is the width of the wing you're running?

I just installed this EVO style front lip from AIK Tunning last night, only $130 shipped! Hoping to get either APR or a local shop to build a splitter for underneath.
                              Does this utilize the stock Is Lip clips to mount or do you have to zip tie the hell out of it?
                              sigpic
                              1991 318is S52
                              1987 325i Vert
                              1991 325i
                              2011 e70 X5

Comment

Working...
                              X