Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using 100W H1 bulbs in their Euro lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using 100W H1 bulbs in their Euro lights?

Anyone, anyone?

Looking for some extra illumination. I drive a lot of dark rural roads.

Thanks!

I can suggest some high output standard wattage lamps that will help your driving pleasure - they are 55W which is standard, but make lots more light using modern filament design and materials.

Marketing language from the manufacturers is full of hype, and suggests they will melt steel at 50 paces, but in reality their output is typically 50 to 120 percent higher. This is a good start, and preserves the integrity of your wiring and so forth ... and they have a much longer lifespan than the 100 Watt lamps.

Let me know if you are interested in more details. There are some really bright new lamps out there now, from GOOD reputable companies like Narva and Phillips, and more are being developed all the time.
    Andy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
    Lighting Upgrades front and back for 2002, E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39, and more.
    Tail Light Improvements keep them off your tail.
    Headlight protection saves headlights from breakage.

Comment

Listen to Andy, he knows what he's talking about. I'm using the high output bulbs he's suggesting in all four lights, and I prefer them to the 70W I was previously using in my high beams. Less stress on the system, too.

For reference, my high beam visibility is over a quarter of a mile.
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Working...
      X