E30 front mud flap value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 front mud flap value

My 325is came with a set of OEM front mud flaps, which I can see is a rare item now.

I was considering on buying the rear to match, but no mud flaps may be an option.

So, what would you consider the current running value, or what you would pay for, a pair of OEM front mud flaps for an E30?

$50 tops

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

$0 - they look silly.

(I have 3 sets sitting on a shelf.)
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Some years ago they were under $150 for a set of reproductions in a group buy. Never ended up running them as I no longer have to drive on gravel/mud and now have them for sale on r3v.

Comment

I'm in the camp that they look great, in the correct application.

I just can't make the damn things stay on with all the potholes and torn up roads around here, since winter. The attachment method is quite lacking.

I know most folks sell them for around $100.

Also, Jeremy, good to know, I'm sure I will lose one soon.
          Derek-

Comment

Originally posted by dereliiict View Post
            I'm in the camp that they look great, in the correct application.

I just can't make the damn things stay on with all the potholes and torn up roads around here, since winter. The attachment method is quite lacking.

I know most folks sell them for around $100.

This is just what I needed to know, thanks! I'll pull them off and keep them with the rest of the OEM parts.

Comment

Originally posted by dereliiict View Post
              The grey car we just pulled out of someones field also had a rear set on them.. I'll probably pull those off at some point and add them to the pile.

Strange thing is, this car had a lot of interesting "options" from the factory installed. I'll try to document them in the build thread - when I get around to writing something up..
              2016 Ford Flex

Comment

I think mud flaps would look good on my car, and I don't avoid dirt roads so they might even make sense. Wouldn't spend that much on them though.

IG @turbovarg
                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                [CoTM: 4-18]
                '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                  The grey car we just pulled out of someones field also had a rear set on them.. I'll probably pull those off at some point and add them to the pile.

Those start at about $85 for just the rears. Blunt said there weren't very many sets floating about in the US.

Might be worth the space.

My dad threw away a full set for me. Kind of him.

Originally posted by varg View Post
                  I think mud flaps would look good on my car, and I don't avoid dirt roads so they might even make sense. Wouldn't spend that much on them though.

I can't hit anything remotely even off road like with mine. If it weren't that o love in the PNW where the autumn detritus is awful, then I would be solely going on hipster kühl points. Lol.

As an aside, I think I've finally hit that age where lowered cars are no fun anymore. I see a nice GC set in my future.
                  Derek-

Comment

I bought my cabrio f&r cabrio flaps from the dealer but they are nla. I think I paid about $150 for both. Alice has a new set too that I got from a forum member for a bit less. If you don't have all the hardware you may as well give them to,your dog to chew on.
                    Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                    Alice the Time Capsule
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                    87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

that's what my buddy did, bought what ever stock BMW NA had left and has them sitting on the shelf now. There looks to have been a slight design change at some point too. I'll see if I can get pics of the difference next time I am at the shop.. Maybe it was change in suppliers.
                      2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                        that's what my buddy did, bought what ever stock BMW NA had left and has them sitting on the shelf now. There looks to have been a slight design change at some point too. I'll see if I can get pics of the difference next time I am at the shop.. Maybe it was change in suppliers.
                        Interesting, looking forward to the pics! I'll post the pics of mine soon, I have a feeling they were an original option added.

Sounds like I should shelve mine, and consider it an investment.

Comment

Working...
                        X