No announcement yet.

E30tech is back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think my membership was approved just before it went down, I'll have to see if my username is valid.

Comment

Originally posted by EyExR View Post
      Yeah. I'm in panic mode over here PRINTING! threads... lol

There's gotta be a better way. Anyone? Suggestions?
      Archive.is

It will take time, but doable.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
      My current E30 M62B44 swap

Comment

I made http://e30techarchive.com thanks to a gofundme

Comment

I'm not a member yet but is this for real and looks to be a nice site with few members...this does NOT pertain to me..

Banned Users: If you have been banned by e30tech.com and attempt to register again using some means to get around the ban, such as using another email address, you agree to a $5,000 dollar reinstatement fee. By clicking on agree below you agree to this fee and agree to pay the fee even if you are banned again. You also agree that any disputes will be resolved in New Jersey courts.

sigpic

Comment

yoshi, what's your gofundme? my paypal is currently depleted (developing my own tuning app/site, $$$), but I'd happily throw a few bucks at the effort. What annoyed me most was losing all the posts I actually spent a considerable amount of time and thought on. The reason I actually post stuff is because historically, I have no idea how I even do some of the stuff I've done. The posts help me go back and remember how or why I did certain things (for example, I couldn't tell you much about my current M20/MS3 build, I haven't modified/touched it in ages).

Screw Chris, he hasn't cared about the E30 community in over 10 years. The whole r3v/E30tech rivalry was mostly limited to a few members anyway, hell I was a "secret" r3v moderator for most of E30tech's life with nobody noticing or caring until the site was basically dead (and even then it was limited to an even smaller subset of posters).

Originally posted by rustneversleeps View Post
            I'm not a member yet but is this for real and looks to be a nice site with few members...this does NOT pertain to me..

Banned Users: If you have been banned by e30tech.com and attempt to register again using some means to get around the ban, such as using another email address, you agree to a $5,000 dollar reinstatement fee. By clicking on agree below you agree to this fee and agree to pay the fee even if you are banned again. You also agree that any disputes will be resolved in New Jersey courts.
            lol. Who knows - $5000? Chris screwed his own userbase by requiring fees to register, and then never actually following up on activations. The parallel here IMO is Panjo, but I believe James to be a more reasonable person...
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

The gofundme is here - https://www.gofundme.com/archive-and-keep-alive-e30tech Although I'm refunding my father his $500 <_<. We are well beyond what's necessary just to keep the archive alive. I'm still searching for software that will do a good enough job scraping the site. Hopefully it doesn't go down in the mean time.

Should tech go down again, I'm going to make a way to resurrect archived threads on a new forum. Helps that my day job is software.

PS thanks everyone who donated. I didn't expect to get more than $50 lol.

Comment

Thank you all for knowing how to computer and save this info. I am wavering between eating and buying parts to get my car back on the road but I will try to scrape together a few nickles for the effort. Carry on gentleman!

Comment

well i registered but now they sent me an email but none of the URL not working.and it won't let use that special number......
                  sigpic

Comment

I really don't care about registering. I doubt it will ever become more active than r3v. I'm just glad that all of the old information is back.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
                    My Garage
                    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by rustneversleeps View Post
                      well i registered but now they sent me an email but none of the URL not working.and it won't let use that special number......
                      Can you paste up the text of the email? I was under the impression it was still admin activation

Comment

shiboujin:
                        So did they think i was Admin..lol...I want to be a member.
                        As for the E-mail I would but I have confidential stuff in there...I'm at the Activation stage.
                        None of the 3 URL are highlighted and it came in as Spam in my email..
                        Doesn't matter to me there are tons of Info on E30's to be found.
                        But would be nice to get even more info from what looks to be a nice forum...
                        sigpic

Comment

Just cut out the confidential stuff. I wanna see the URLs and stuff. I'm a web developer so I might be able to fix it for you.

Comment

Annnd down again...
                            My 325iX DIY Threads:

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

325iX Rear Subframe Bushings and MUCH more w/pics!

325iX Steering Rack Replacement, Suspension, & Oil Pan job w/pics!

Comment

Originally posted by EyExR View Post
                              Annnd down again...
                              Meh. Only like 2 people still post there. :(
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                                Meh. Only like 2 people still post there. :(
                                Yeah.. I’m glad I had the chance to save all the “important” threads.
                                My 325iX DIY Threads:

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

325iX Rear Subframe Bushings and MUCH more w/pics!

325iX Steering Rack Replacement, Suspension, & Oil Pan job w/pics!

Comment

Working...
                                X