Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle Cable.......

Hey,

So I've kinda overlooked the throttle cable for my m50 swap. I ordered the e34 one a while ago but i was sent the short version so obviously that's not going to work.

I've had a little play with the one in the car currently and it kind of fits. My car is a 318i with the m40 engine.

Can I get this one to work or do I need to find the longer e34 one?

Thanks
    Blake

You want the rhd e34 throttle cable. I'll try find where I got mine from...it might have been schmiedmann
    RHD OBD2 M50b25 turbo build thread:
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=384800

Comment

I have lhd e34 m50 throttle cable and it works just fine.

Comment

I'm using the one from a LHD E30 M42 engine and it fits perfectly, just make sure the cable isn't stretched or under load when throttle body is completely closed. From what I remember M40 and M42 use the same cable (but I could be wrong).

Comment

I connected thing up this weekend and the m40 throttle cable (RHD) does seem to fit. Dont know if it actually works but looks like it will

Comment

Hi mate,

How'd you go with this? Does the m40 cable hold the throttle body open?

Cheers,

Comment

It opens and closes the throttle..... I do get rev hang though. When you rev the engine it'll hold the revs for maybe 1-2 seconds then drop. I thought this may have been an air leak somewhere but maybe it has something to with the throttle cable

Comment

It could be stuck or getting caught on something. Other than that I'd check for vacuum leaks.
                Originally posted by Melon
                Engine work takes patience and finesse.

Suspension work takes anger, a big fucking hammer, and a torch.

Comment

Working...
                X