E30 M50B25TU idle/throttle issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 M50B25TU idle/throttle issues

Hello everybody and greetings from Sweden!

So I have been facing a couple of issues with my M50 swapped E30 now for the past month, it's running a stock M50B25 VANOS with a stock engine management system. The idle is really rough, it idles between 500 to 1500 RPM. When idling and when the engine is cold it stalls after a few seconds. Secondly when pressing full throttle when I'm driving it feels like the fuel pump completely dies on me and the engine doesn't increase in RPM. It's like I'm putting down the clutch pedal. Yesterday I started up the engine and pressed the gas pedal to maximum and noticed that the rev limit was around 3000 to 4000 RPM, I have never experienced this before but I haven't really faced this issue again but I'd thought it would be worth mentioning. Also when the engine is idling warm it's constantly at ~1400 RPM.

I have done following things:

1 replaced fuel pump
    2 replaced air flow meter
    3 replaced spark plugs
    4 replaced oil and filter
    5 replaced idle control valve
    6 checked for any vacuum leaks with start gas
    7 swapped ECU to a known good one
    8 replaced intake air temperature sensor
    9 replaced engine coolant temperature sensor
    10 replaced oil pressure sensor
    11 replaced oxygen sensor
    12 replaced injectors
    13 replaced fuel pressure regulator
    14 replaced fuel filter
    15 replaced air filter
    16 replaced camshaft position sensor
    17 replaced crankshaft position sensor
    18 replaced throttle
    19 replaced throttle position sensor
    20 replaced catalytic converter

One thing I haven't checked yet is if I have connected the correct wires to each knock sensor since both cables have the same colour configuration but I'm not entirely sure that the issue could cause that problem.
Working...
X