No announcement yet.

Megasquirt help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow 7ms running? that is way, way too much. typically you'd run 2.5-4.5 with most being right around 3.

any idea what coil drivers you have (VB921 or bosch)? can you send me the pic you sent todd?

it's late (just got home) so I won't be able to look at your maps until tomorrow, but I still think one of the coil drivers may be dead. it might not look visually fried but I have a hard time imagining them holding up for very long with that much dwell.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Yea coil drivers could very well be dead. 7ms of dwell on a COP setup? I would think 2.5-3 range would be max...

Put in some BIP373s. They won't die lol. Def lower the dwell. what is the exact plug model you use? I use BPR7Es but I run an M50.

Comment

oh btw do you have high impedance injectors, or low impedance? your injector settings didn't look right.

otherwise nothing else jumped out at me in your MSQ
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I run NGK 2288.

Comment

thanks chris. Not sure on the injectors, Todd sold them to me. He did say he was surprised the stock ecu is running them.

Comment

NGK 2288s should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by gsxrcop View Post
                thanks chris. Not sure on the injectors, Todd sold them to me. He did say he was surprised the stock ecu is running them.
                do you have a model number?
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I believe they are the 30lbs from a Volvo Turbo, correct me if I'm wrong however.

Comment

yeah still need a part # to know if they are high or low-z injectors tho
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I spoke to Todd. He said they are mid 80's volvo turbo 320cc low impedence injectors. He is also sending me some new drivers just in case.

Comment

Does that info help?

Comment

Well I replaced the drivers and got the car running on MS. I set the dwell to 3.5 and 4.0. seems to be running good. Chris, you were saying the injector settings didn't look right. Where are you looking at that? I'm not sure where those settings are at. Car pulls strong at 9psi, spins the tires pretty hard 1st, 2nd and into 3rd. Thanks for the help guys, I think I'm almost there.

Comment

they looked fine, I asked because they were set up for low-z injectors and most people are using high-z injectors.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

4ms of dwell? wow... Do you know of anyone else on an M42 that runs COP? I wonder if your coils are the same as mine. My final dwell was 2.5ms.

Comment

Not sure about what coils they are, gray on top and no number. I bought them from the guy who was selling the whole kits on here. Should I lower the dwell? If so, to what? Starting and running. Car seems to have a tough time starting after it's been warmed up, cold it ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X