NY attempting to ban soda sales with foodstamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    Well thanks to farm subsdies causeing an ovedrf production of corn,and leaving the fed holding on to way too much corn with nothing to do with it to recover even some of tghe cost. Its sold cheaply to make HFCS out of it, that cheap ass sweetener underprices real sugar and is now in everything.

Your body can process sugar and has a hormone response to enough is enough. HFCS has to be processed in the liver like a posin and triggers a hormone response of gotta have more.

Posted from my phone so please deal with the spelling mistakes

Have you seen the movie/documentary "King Corn"? It's pretty great. Details the subject above.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
      I get a kick of the detractor's ideas. Instead of saying that people getting food with govt money cant get pop lets spend more money on an advertising campaign telling them that pop is bad for them so they can continue to buy it anyway. Everyone know it fucks your teeth and is high on simple sugars, they buy it anyway. Just like how there is still a cigarette industry.
      Haha I was thinking the exact same thing!

Comment

As already said, with today's UPC system, purchases could be broken up into "Stamp" and "cash" purchases.

Almost everyone now-a-days that is on the dole gets a Debit card anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
          I can't even imagine how much money it would cost to administer such strict standards.

No one can argue that soda is even remotely healthy. It is a direct contributing factor to obesity and diabetes, which combined cost just the state of NY over $8bil per year. Banning soda with foodstamps is just one simple step.
          YOu already can't use them to buy things like tobacco/alcohol, how much harder would it be to add to the "can't buy list?"
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
            YOu already can't use them to buy things like tobacco/alcohol, how much harder would it be to add to the "can't buy list?"

With the number of products there are, imagine the beurocratic hair-splitting that would occur with deciding what's ok and not ok to buy...

Comment

With the number of products there are, imagine the beurocratic hair-splitting that would occur with deciding what's ok and not ok to buy...

Maybe we should get the Senate involved so we could have it figured out by 2035.

Salt max, sugar max might be a good start.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                Just insults?
                If you can't help yourself, maybe you can stay the fuck out of P&R!
                Just P&R? Do you even own a fucking E30? Maybe you can stay the fuck off of R3V, you fucking troll.

You act like you have a better idea of how to solve our social ills, like you have any fucking experience at all.

WAY more than insults, asshole, WAY more...like a suggestion you get a fucking $12/hr job doing social work instead of just whining like a 12 year old junior republican club newbie on a goddamn car forum!

Closing SOON!
                "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                  Just P&R? Do you even own a fucking E30? Maybe you can stay the fuck off of R3V, you fucking troll.

You act like you have a better idea of how to solve our social ills, like you have any fucking experience at all.

WAY more than insults, asshole, WAY more...like a suggestion you get a fucking $12/hr job doing social work instead of just whining like a 12 year old junior republican club newbie on a goddamn car forum!

So you can't stick with the issue and post something that's remotely civil?
                  Still mad I didn't sell you that motor?
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                    So you can't stick with the issue and post something that's remotely civil?
                    Still mad I didn't sell you that motor?
                    Nope, don't even remember anything about a motor...just pissed you spew garbage all over P&R while not posting a single useful thing...so get the fuck off of R3V, would ya?

Closing SOON!
                    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                      Nope, don't even remember anything about a motor...just pissed you spew garbage all over P&R while not posting a single useful thing...so get the fuck off of R3V, would ya?

So you still can't stick to the issue and point out where I'm wrong? If you hate P&R so much as you've publicly communicated why don't you stop posting here?

Comment

So what you're saying is, you don't think the gov't could handle what people are and aren't allowed to buy on food stamps (~41 million people at this time, 31 million when Obama took office), but YOU DO think they are capable of handling the Healthcare system for more than 300 million people?

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                          So what you're saying is, you don't think the gov't could handle what people are and aren't allowed to buy on food stamps (~41 million people at this time, 31 million when Obama took office), but YOU DO think they are capable of handling the Healthcare system for more than 300 million people?
                          I think they could handle it, I just think it would be a waste of money to split hairs on every products available.

Comment

Democrats.....the food stamp party. It a new one I've heard recently. I find it catchy

Comment

I think they could handle it, I just think it would be a waste of money to split hairs on every products available.
                              Meh, unless it's changed drastically since I worked in a convienence store (summer of 2001 while in college), the way it was prevented was just not ringing it up on their food stamp debit card.

So enforcement was really down to the retailer.

Staples and generics only.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Working...
                              X