No announcement yet.

my oddball GMW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alright, lots of things will be happening this week since im on paid vacation. i took the vacation just to mellow out and wrench on the car. i made up the steering intermediate shaft, its half Buick Terraza (minivan) and half 95' M3. i also got around to finally chopping off the t3 flange and welding on the modified t4 flange. got the wastegate v band installed, still have to modify the dump tube since its from the cavalier. lots more updates will be coming!!

Comment

I love ruined BMW's. This is just amazing.
      RIP: Delphin '89 E30 with S50 swap and lots of goodies :'(

Then: '04 Evo 8 RS, 500 whp/420 wtq 2900 lb E85 AWD turbo shits 'n giggles

Now: 2003 BMW M5 in Sterling Gray

Comment

today i decided to take a break from the engine bay after finishing the crossover pipe. converted from t3 to a modified T4 flange to fit the goofy holset bolt pattern, ceramic coated and wrapped the pipes in wrap, which was silicone sprayed after. i decided to take a break after finishing up the pipe, and concentrated on the fuel supply system. I cut out the spare tire well, made up a 26 3/4'' circle out of 16 gauge mild steel, and it just fit like a glove. i went with pop rivets more for looks after deciding that the factory sound deadening was a bitch to remove. cut out the holes for the sending unit, filler, and return. i still have to cut a hole for the vent/tip valve. tomorrow i will be mounting the fuel pump and hard lines. more to come!

Comment

Looks ill, keep up the good work!

I remember I took a week off work a few years ago to put an m30 into my e30, I'm a mechanic by trade so having time and patience to work on my own car is rare.

Sure did suck going back to work after though...
          ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

Nice work! but... I'm pretty sure hard-bolting your turbo to your frame rail is a recipe for disaster

Comment

its not bolted, its set there. solid engine/trans mounts, and i still have flex bellows in the crossover.

Comment

so been busy with having all week off. i got the fuel system finished for good.. mounted up the pump on msd box vibration studs since its kinda loud. ran 1/2'' moroso piping for the feed with -8 ends, and as for the return i used 3/8'' piping with -6 ends, all in all its all really clean and i like how the fuel system turned out. Got the trunk wiring completed as well, integrated the end of the new harness into the bmw tail lamp harness. fuel pump wiring/ relay circuit completed with pass-through so fuel pump circuit can be removed as an assembly with the fuel tank. Another mode made while i had a huge hole in the floor out was an extra differential support. i used an old front transmission mount with a poly mount from my roommates evo (in the background in some pix), still need to made the other half which will be bolted in unlike the other side of the mount.

Comment

Very Nice.....

You really need this decal.... "Think outside the box"

Comment

Originally posted by Firefighter3244 View Post
                    Very Nice.....

You really need this decal.... "Think outside the box"

yeahhh buddy

Comment

Anymore progress?

I found your build on a 60degree forum when I was researching these motors. I'm considering and LY7 for my E30 in N/A form. I would love to pick your brain a bit.
                      Build : Das Drehmoment Ungeheuer

Comment

thats dope, reminds me of my ld9 j-body
                        84' 318i m30b35 swapped!

Comment

sorry about the delay, ive gotten lots of stuff done but its on hold right now as i have a huge side job (building and engine and turboing the car) so i can have cash to burn on this. fire away about the ly7!!

Comment

sorry for the delays in pictures and progress, ive lately been putting in some hours in details of the engine bay. gauge cluster built, gauges in and wired, lots of wiring finished. oil cooler in a mounted, water pump wired and plumbed, coolant expansion tank (will be air brushed to look like a grenade) with custom mount, alternator mount changed for something nicer, modified military surplus ammo can to become a catch can.. too much more to list. ill let the pictures do the talking.

Last edited by 86_325_GMW; 12-05-2012, 04:07 PM.

Comment

turbo taken back off and ceramic coated exhaust housing and part of the down pipe and also powder coated the compressor housing.

Comment

small update. covered the water to air coolant hoses in the loom, also got new fittings in on the intercooler and filled the cooling system up. Charge pipes finally in and powder coated and clamped up. I got around to figuring out the throttle cable situation, picked up a ls1 throttle cable from lokar. The bracket is rough until my aluminum one shows up from a buddy. Primed up the oiling system and checked for any leaks, and i guess im fuel, and a few wires away from firing it up!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X