My E30 needs repairs near Stamford, CT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My E30 needs repairs near Stamford, CT

Last summer I picked up a 91 318is and I have been slowly getting it road ready but right now it needs some repairs that I believe are beyond my skill level. I was hoping some of you guys and gals out there could recommend either someone or some shop in the fairfield, ct or westchester, ny areas that are reputable. I'm trying to get the car in shape so I can actually drive it this summer.

Right now the problems with the car that need to be addressed are:
    - Rear end metal grinding/scraping noise.
    I drained and replaced the fluid in the differential but that did not solve it.
    -Front driver side wheel bearing needs to be replaced.
    - The car has a very rough idle when it is started cold and stalls out when idling. Once the car warms up it smooths out a little but is still a little rough.

The noise from the rear end is pretty bad, it is loud when the car is rolling wether in gear or not. Occasionally a loud metal "clank" sound occurs, almost like something metal has come loose. Because of this I have not been driving the car and I will have it towed to a garage for repairs. Right now I have the car up on stands in my garage, just trying to figure out what the heck is going on with it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. If you have any suggestions respond here or you can shoot me a pm.

Jason

Did you have your rear subframe out recently? I bent the dust covers into the rotors when I changed my bushings and it made a scary metal scraping noise when i started driving it. Just a guess. Also, front wheel bearings arn't so bad I did both without any bearing pullers or specialty tools other than the big 32MM(i think thats the size) socket

Comment

Yea I've had that happen to me on my old car. Not the dust covers this time.

Comment

I personally don't know much about this shop except for the fact that they have a 700hp e30 and are in Stamford. Give them a call! http://kandbautoworks.com/index.html

I'm in Stamford as well.

Comment

Thanks boost central, I've seen their shop, right near ICS.

Comment

Working...
          X