FPR for BOOST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FPR for BOOST

can i use the standard 3 Bar Fuel pressure regulator or do I need a rising rate regulator.

Ill be running 2.8 m20 15PSI 80lb Injectors and E85.
    Last edited by jules325i; 10-22-2014, 02:22 AM.

329i

Standard FPR if you have a standalone or another method of fuel control. I assume you do with that setup haha
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

no you don't want a rising rate regulator, you want an aftermarket computer that can handle boost and E85.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I would suggest a pnp MS setup along with a 1:1 FRP. Static fuel pressure isn't ideal for boosted setups, but of course that all depends on the tuning.
        sigpic

Comment

a standard FPR is 1:1. ;)
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

huh. The stock FPR looks like a standard rising rate fuel pressure regulator to me, not a true 1:1. Interesting.
            sigpic

Comment

no. it's 1:1. all standard FPRs are 1:1. this keeps the fuel pressure at the injector constant relative to manifold pressure. it's necessary to keep the fuel output linear which is what the computer will always expect.

a RRFPR would have a ratio like 1:5, 1:8, etc. this makes fuel injector response non-linear, which is a bad idea. RRFPRs haven't been a good idea for a decade at least. They were a decent band aid solution before you could build a standalone for $200 but they're pointless now.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

No shit, that's why I suggested a 1:1 because the stock unit looks almost identical to all the old VW RRFPRs I've messed with, so I just assumed it was rising rate.
                sigpic

Comment

Ok yes I have a link g4plus xtreme ecu.
                  Thanks for the input.

329i

Comment

I'll post some pictures and dyno results when the car is finished, by the end of the year.

329i

Comment

Working...
                    X