Help with Engine Bay Wire connectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Engine Bay Wire connectors

I'm in the midst of restoring an 89 325ix (production 9/88). I've got 2 wire sets that I need help with. Both of these are on the driver side of the engine bay. The first is a bundle with a blue/brown wires...looks like the plug got ripped off...it terminates through the firewall through a grommet under the fuse box...my searching makes me think it is the ambient or outside air temp sensor??? Am I correct? The second is a blue 2 pin plug that comes off of the main harness near the coolant reservoir. Its a very short run with a purple/black and a brown wire...Im stumped with this one. Any help or info is much appreciated. Thanks
    Attached Files

Look at the ETM and find the right connector by looking at the wire colors.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

The blue/brown is outside air temp. The blue plug is what's got me. I've looked through the wiring schematics with no luck. Hoping someone can look at their car and give me an idea. Thanks

Comment

The blue & brown wires are for the outside air temp sensor. The blue plug looks like it goes to the OBC alarm horn? The horn is located below the ABS unit and directly above the driverside fog light. The horn is bolted to the same sheet of metal the ABS is bolted to.

Comment

Just to follow up...I found the answer. The blue plug is part of the wiper/washer system. The wires are violet/black and brown/black. According the the US wiring diagram Page 6160-0 they are not used....however it appears that it is used on euro cars with heated washer nozzles. Thanks all for your input.

Comment

Working...
          X