X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Violent Brake Shudder... Questions

New Parts -

Front Control Arms
    Front Control Arm Bushings(Standard OEM)
    Tie Rod Assemblies
    Guibo
    CSB
    Trans Mounts

Anything above 40 MPH is HORRIBLE brake shudder and it shakes the car... Sometimes it feels worse at the lower speeds in the back... Is it really possible the previous owner fucked up the rear brakes too? It pretty violently shakes the rear of the vehicle... Want to just throw on new brakes but want to confirm problem too

how are the pads/rotors/shoes out back?
    My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
    There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

More infor needed:

Happen on or off brakes
      On or off throttle
      Vibration speed related (wheels)
      Or engine speed related
      Did this do this problem before the new parts?

From what it seems, it is possible that you are getting a driveshaft vibe in the car. This would be road speed related. Did you preload the CSB before you tightened the two bolts for it? That is important. Also, did you phase the drive shaft when you put it together again, after the new CSB went on?
      Originally posted by cabriodster87
      "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
      Originally posted by Kershaw
      i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
        how are the pads/rotors/shoes out back?
        Decent. Will need replacement soon

Originally posted by Mike325 View Post
        More infor needed:

Happen on or off brakes
        On or off throttle
        Vibration speed related (wheels)
        Or engine speed related
        Did this do this problem before the new parts?

From what it seems, it is possible that you are getting a driveshaft vibe in the car. This would be road speed related. Did you preload the CSB before you tightened the two bolts for it? That is important. Also, did you phase the drive shaft when you put it together again, after the new CSB went on?
        The driveline vibe is barely noticeable at 80mph... touch the brakes and BAM violent shakes... At lower speeds feels like it is WORSE int he back... Like causing the rear to hop almost...

The CSB was preloaded... I did mark the driveshaft then took it apart. Then I still had the same driveshaft vibes as before(they did get better) but now they are back and worse(I think I killed my CSB)... I think my driveshaft is dead... new one soon!

How would this cause violent brake sudder?

Comment

Does the vibration come throught the steering wheel? I assume it is possible to have seriously bad run out on the rear rotors to cause a vibration. You actually may have a stuck rear caliper. Those cause nasty on brake vibrations and off brake vibrations too.
          "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."

Comment

Yes there is a vibe in the steering wheel but also int he rear when braking(rear is only at lower speeds that I can feel)

Comment

Feel it through the brake pedal too? Did you install the CAB's correctly. Put them in and then put the car on the ground not moving for an hour to let them set properly. Did you line up the marks on the CAB's with the arrows on the holders? Are they stock CAB's. I messed up on my install once and they lasted about 10 miles.

Comment

Feel it through the brake pedal too? Did you install the CAB's correctly. Put them in and then put the car on the ground not moving for an hour to let them set properly. Did you line up the marks on the CAB's with the arrows on the holders? Are they stock CAB's. I messed up on my install once and they lasted about 10 miles.
                Yes I can feel it through the brake pedal...

I drove the car immediately

I lined up the arrows

They are bone stock bushings

I hope they are dead... I'll be pissed... will order urethane then

Comment

The CAB's are a big possibility. A front end vibe will go throughout the car and could throw you off. Get under the car and take a look for rips in the rubber webbing of the CSB's. Urithaine is easy because there are no marks to line up.

Comment

The CAB's are a big possibility. A front end vibe will go throughout the car and could throw you off. Get under the car and take a look for rips in the rubber webbing of the CSB's. Urithaine is easy because there are no marks to line up.
                    I would get offset... on e30 do you put the holes towards the inside or outside of the car?

I can't imagaine i killed CABs in 200 highway miles... I live 1.5 miles from highway and then get on highway... I work 2 miles from the highway...

Comment

Working...
                    X