Tach and Temp on the fritz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tach and Temp on the fritz

Like the title says. When i turn the ignition foward the temp pegs. The tach works fine until 4k then it drops out but keeps trying to rise to the appropriate RPM.
    Ive already taken out the cluster and checked for shorts.
    Any ideas? Im up for anything at this point. I want to be able to at least moniter my temperature
    sigpic

no one?
    sigpic

Comment

The tach problem could be a fault in the tach, SI board, or DME. The temp gauge problem could be the gauge, SI board, or shorted wire/sensor. Since the SI board is common to both problems I'd replace it first. If that doesn't restore sanity to the instruments move on to the other possibilites.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

thanks will do.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
          The tach problem could be a fault in the tach, SI board, or DME. The temp gauge problem could be the gauge, SI board, or shorted wire/sensor. Since the SI board is common to both problems I'd replace it first. If that doesn't restore sanity to the instruments move on to the other possibilites.
          I'll agree with that. The batteries can cause all manner of wackiness with the tach, temp and efficiency gauges.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
          When a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. When a woman talks dirty to a man, it's £3.95 per minute.
          "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." Jack Nicholson"
          Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Comment

Working...
          X