• Show
Clear All

looks good baller Mc dee

<3

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
    Ig:ryno_pzk
    I like the tuna here.
    Originally posted by lambo
    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

yea, dual mass is teh suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
        Update: got my clutch in from partsgeek.com. It was 107 shipped to my door and the brand was Luc. Came with tob, clutch alignment tool, and pilot bearings. Along with the clutch and pp of course. this brings my total cost so far to $257

I weighed the assembly as a whole an it came out to 32.5 pounds :) 20% less weight compared to dual mass setup. Tomorrow I get the flywheel lightened and balanced with the clutch :D
        Any update on this?

Comment

No machining updates as of yet. But I got my new fw bolts in from the dealer. $22 for all 8 brand new correct length bolts.

Edit: the fw is also at the machine shop right now, so ill have it back today.
          Last edited by Balleristic31; 06-06-2012, 09:33 AM.

-NICK

Comment

FINALLY got my fw back from the machine shop. -3 pounds :D picture to prove weight to come.

-NICK

Comment

As promised:
              Weight

Where most of the weight was taken off. Honestly there was a lot more to be taken off. But Whatevs I'm happy with the results

-NICK

Comment

Nice! The more that gets removed from the outside diameter, the bigger the difference you'l feel. Total weight is only half the story.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Posting my lightened to 13lbs m20 flywheel, cause I love it!

STOCK FLYWHEEL (for comparison)

Shaved!

Shaved lip comparison

Inner mass removed comparison

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

I made mine lighter too, here is what it looks like.

Comment

So I've had the single mass setup for a few days now. Here are my thoughts:

Don't go into it thinking ur car will become a racecar after you replace the dual mass fw. It is a noticible change. But nothing that will blow you away.

I wish I had gone for a grippier clutch. This is miles better than my old clutch but not the bite I was hoping for at all.

Is it faster? Yes. A little. It revs nicer and pulls quicker to the redline. But the real performance improvement I have felt is in downshifts. With only a small blip of the throttle it rev matches beautifully.

Overall satisfaction is an 8/10

-NICK

Comment

Working...
                      X