Cheap/good Houston towing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap/good Houston towing

Im moving from the downtown/galleria area to Spring in a few weeks, and need to transport my non running E30 Project to my new house. I looked at uhaul as they used to be decent in price to rent a car transport trailer, but lookes like prices are like $200?!?! wtf.

So my question is: Anyone know of a good non sketchy tow service that wont rape me to tow my car 36 miles? And before you say "get your insurance to tow it" its not on my insurance currently, so thats not an option sadly.

Im afraid if i cant find a tow under $100 im going to have to sell or scrap the e30 since money is already tight for the move and closing on the house.
    89 325i Coupe Auto Delphin Metallic - Sold
    91 325i Sedan Auto Brilliantrot - Sold
    83 323i Euro Coupe Manual Lapisblue - Sold
    89 325i Coupe Manual Delphin - Sold
    89 325i Sedan Auto Brilliantrot
    87 325i Vert Manual Brilliantrot

if youve got a truck with a tow hitch you can just pull it yourself with a uhaul auto transporter for like 50 a day.. but other than that I dont think there is a cheap option.

Comment

Originally posted by htown318is View Post
      if youve got a truck with a tow hitch you can just pull it yourself with a uhaul auto transporter for like 50 a day.. but other than that I dont think there is a cheap option.
      Yea like i said, i checked uhaul, but the online quote to rent a auto transporter is $200, which is insane considering i rented one for like $50 a few months ago
      89 325i Coupe Auto Delphin Metallic - Sold
      91 325i Sedan Auto Brilliantrot - Sold
      83 323i Euro Coupe Manual Lapisblue - Sold
      89 325i Coupe Manual Delphin - Sold
      89 325i Sedan Auto Brilliantrot
      87 325i Vert Manual Brilliantrot

Comment

Look up craigslist. Last time I found a super deal, towed a dead e30 90 miles to my house for $90.
        Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

If you want to sell it I'll buy it!
          jk jk

Craigslist is your best bet. Just look under services. You'll definately find someone to do it for gas and a cheeseburger.

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
            Craigslist is your best bet. Just look under services. You'll definately find someone to do it for gas and a cheeseburger.
            1991 318i SOLD
            2003 325i SOLD

Racecars and stuff.

Comment

picked a non running e30 up in austin brought it back here, $200 out the door from uhaul. If you don't stumble across a good deal on craigslist, it comes down to the fact that anything car related is expensive

My Transaction Feedback
              My "build" thread
              BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

Originally posted by saturnv7890 View Post
                anything car related is expensive
                What? How do you figure?
                1991 318i SOLD
                2003 325i SOLD

Racecars and stuff.

Comment

Working...