No announcement yet.

My 1988 e30 325ix - Garage'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just going off what RealOEM.com says. They are listing them at 227 each.

Comment

yeah, but those prices are rarely what you'll actually pay. I'd hit up steve at blunttech. I got some aftermarket ones from him that seemed decent, don't know if they're the same as what audiquattrot had though. I bought them to experiment with so I haven't installed them.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I have so much to learn about the IX... There is so much information about the RWD E30, but I don't find much about the IX. [:(] Thank you guys so much for helping me.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          yeah, but those prices are rarely what you'll actually pay. I'd hit up steve at blunttech. I got some aftermarket ones from him that seemed decent, don't know if they're the same as what audiquattrot had though. I bought them to experiment with so I haven't installed them.
          The ones I used were MTC initially. Installed them 2011, and a little over a yr ago, the rubber had degraded & were toast then. Just been putting off replacing it until now.
          www.instagram.com/snwmble
          #snwmble

Current:
          '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
          '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
          '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
          '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
          '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
          '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
          '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
          '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

So I just want to make sure I keep Ireland Engineering's name clean. I called them, they updated their sight and are sending me new tie rods. There was a 10 dollar difference for each, but they are swallowing the cost difference and just sending them to me. They also are not waiting for me to return the ones I currently have before they send me the new ones. They apologized and made me feel like a real person. AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE IRELAND ENGINEERING! Thanks Jeremy!

Comment

Looks nice. Please stop with the 'rare car' business, though--I trip over these all the time around MN. I would not throw tons of money at parts for it if it is badly rusted unless you own a mig welder and plan on using it in anger.
              '90 zinno 325iS

Comment

Originally posted by goldenbb View Post
                Looks nice. Please stop with the 'rare car' business, though--I trip over these all the time around MN. I would not throw tons of money at parts for it if it is badly rusted unless you own a mig welder and plan on using it in anger.

Sorry, I was only going off that email I found from a BMW rep online. I have since been corrected though, but appreciate the redundancy to remind me.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409365629.839739.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	7169236Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409365648.881740.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	7169237 finally got around to tucking my big ol front bumper. Drilling the shocks after all the stories I read was a little nerve racking though. Shock juice sprayed everywhere!

Comment

Nice car, I Have a IX too and I'm soon going to replace all the things you been going threw. They cost a good bit for having two extra wheels spinning. lol. Good luck and the car is looking great!

Comment

Originally posted by fight4life28 View Post
                      Nice car, I Have a IX too and I'm soon going to replace all the things you been going threw. They cost a good bit for having two extra wheels spinning. lol. Good luck and the car is looking great!

Thanks man! It still has a long way to go though. Steering coupler today and then paint stuff. I still new to tuck the rear as well. It's gonna be a busy weekend; today I'm hung over...

Comment

Nice car. Give Steve over @ Blunttech a call for sure. Top notch service. Good luck!

Comment

I would assume you figured this out by now, but you need a special socket to take your

lugs off. Should have come with the kit whenever they were purchased, hopefully

you have it they look like cheap aftermarket lugs.

Car looks good tho, i'm a sucker for white cars.

Comment

Originally posted by DeckDub View Post
                            I would assume you figured this out by now, but you need a special socket to take your

lugs off. Should have come with the kit whenever they were purchased, hopefully

you have it they look like cheap aftermarket lugs.

Car looks good tho, i'm a sucker for white cars.

Yea I just need to find a place I can buy the lug socket from. The precious owner doesn't know where it is...

Comment

Thats lame, however i'm fairly certain all those sockets are the same. If you find a set that looks the same as what you have in wal mart or the parts store it will probably fit.

I kept a spare one in my toolbox so when customers came in i didn't have to try and find their's, which was usually lost.

good luck :up:

Comment

I had a crazy amount of oxidation on my side mirrors. They were decayed and falling apart it seemed - really quite an eyesore on the car. I took them off this weekend, sanded them and painted them white again. They turned out great and it's amazing how something like the mirrors not looking so terrible would make such an aesthetic difference to the car.

This is what I was dealing with. It even affected the chrome lining around the windows. They will soon be taken care of as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X