Stock i AFM Handle Boost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
    You really should not turbo then, There was a guy on here that did a budget junkyard build but it was far from ideal, on a rusted e30. If you cant afford ms, then how do expect to afford a decent turbo, injectors, the custom exhuast, paying someone to tune the monotronic system, and not to mention the need to for a stronger clutch?
    wonder who that could be ;D

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post
      wonder who that could be ;D
      Seems like you got it running pretty well though on the m30 afm.
      Ill be interested to what you do next, still sucks about the car.

Comment

Bullhead, just go after what you wanna do. You listen to some of it, you ignore some of it. If you listen to all of it, you won't even start. So, just figure out who to ignore and go from there…
        Originally posted by Andy.B
        Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
        1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
        ~~~~~~~~~~
        I was born on 3/25…
        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
          Seems like you got it running pretty well though on the m30 afm.

Wouldn't matter if it had been an m20 AFM ;)

As long as the AFM is in front of the turbo, Motronic and boost works well (until a coupler blows off hehe). As mentioned before, this is what was in Porsche turbo cars of the same era.

Yeah does suck about the car, but better then something happening to Belina :/
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
            Bullhead, just go after what you wanna do. You listen to some of it, you ignore some of it. If you listen to all of it, you won't even start. So, just figure out who to ignore and go from there…
            Roger that! Yeah I found myself stumbling some but I'm back on track. I will update my build thread once I get into doing stuff yall would actually want to see.
            sigpic87 325E The Honey Badger

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
              Wouldn't matter if it had been an m20 AFM ;)

As long as the AFM is in front of the turbo, Motronic and boost works well (until a coupler blows off hehe). As mentioned before, this is what was in Porsche turbo cars of the same era.

Yeah does suck about the car, but better then something happening to Belina :/
              When you say in front John you are saying the turbo inlet itself is where the AFM goes? And not in line between the intercooler and intake manifold right?

Comment

You need the AFM as draw through. It is useless as a blow through.
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:

Comment

Im sure theres a way to extend the wiring, Is there really any benefit for the m20 vs m30 afm for boost?

Comment

Not a whole lot when it's tuned properly with a chip. In stock form, the m20 AFM reads up to 200,000gms/sec, the m30 reads 250,000
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                      You need the AFM as draw through. It is useless as a blow through.
                      Roger that. This has opened the doors for me to maybe get this build done in the spring and grab a full suspension kit or wheels .

Comment

Working...
                      X