RCWELLS 325is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car looks dope, hope you find it.
    1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

Comment

Originally posted by c0rbin9 View Post
      Car looks dope, hope you find it.
      You mean, "I hope you find it still looking like that."
      AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Giles View Post
        I am going to bump this for Bobby. Since I have gotten back into E30's over the past few months, I've been reminding him to get back into the E30 scene. We are actively trying to find his previous '90 325is, affectionately known as DAS BMR. You can post here with any information, call/text Bobby's number listed in the first post, or PM me directly. I will make sure Bobby gets the information.

Funny, that any come back to e30's after years of chasing something...usually was E36 M3 then a jump to E46 M3 and some M5's but everyone comes back around.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
          Funny, that any come back to e30's after years of chasing something...usually was E36 M3 then a jump to E46 M3 and some M5's but everyone comes back around.
          It is funny, because those cars are objectively, measurably better, but they clearly lack whatever it is that makes an E30 special.

There are also some of us who keep our E30s as a yardstick to assess other potential cars. For me, 7 years in and I still haven't found a car I like more as a whole than my 318i.

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
            I can definitely relate to this. Around 2011, I sold all of my remaining BMW's, got married and had two beautiful daughters. For 5 years, I got completely out of BMW's, after living and breathing them for over a decade. Then in January 2016, I was given back a previous E46 325i with a failed ZF automatic transmission. During the process of finding a cheap used replacement transmission, I happened to find a local listing for a '04 330i ZHP at a very low price. I promptly sold the 325i to a friend and got the ZHP (I had a new ZHP back in 2005 and I wish I had never sold it).

Six months later, I found another '04 330i ZHP for the same very low price, but this one had two things my current ZHP didn't-a 6sp manual and Alcantara interior. So once again, I bought that ZHP and sold the previous ZHP to a good friend.

Fast forward a few more months, and I re-inherited my old '87 325 that had been sitting partially disassembled and in primer for the past 8 years. I then bought a '87 325is initially for parts, but decided it was too good of a car to part out so I sold it. I then immediately happened upon a very nice, unmolested '91 318is...so you see where this is going. I am about to the point of selling my ZHP and bringing both E30's back to full glory.

For whatever reason, even though I have owned many newer and nicer BMW's than the E30's, I still come back to an E30 in the end. I have one friend that always asks why I like them so much, and I try to explain it but I just can't. They just have IT.
            Eric Giles
            '20 M2 CS
            '04 M3
            '11 X5 35D
            '87 325is
            '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
              Man, that car was so sweet, but that was ages ago... Now it's probably primer black with an M10 swap, battlestance, sideways stickers and a rusted hood. But hopefully not! :(
              Originally posted by Eric Giles View Post
              I'm surprised a car like that hasn't found it's way back onto this forum, or even the R3V Facebook group. I will put out a feeler there and see what I come up with. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a copy of the VIN anywhere.
              Sorry never saw this thread but Eric gave me a call and pointed it it out to me. It did make it back to r3v when I bought it. No primer, stickers or rust! Someone changed a few things like the alipna's are gone but otherwise looks pretty close. Do I win anything?

btw that side picture is without the sport springs in which it has now, I need to get some better pics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	e30 front.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	7190016
              Click image for larger version

Name:	e30 side.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	7190017
              '90 325is

Comment

Success!
                1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

Comment

So happy to know this car is still clean!!

E30 Rule #1- Always have at least 1

Comment

WOW amazing to find its still alive and in great condition.

Comment

Hoffbrohaus, it was a pleasure talking with you the other day. I am also very glad to see that the car is in the hands of a proper enthusiast who is taking care of it.
                      Eric Giles
                      '20 M2 CS
                      '04 M3
                      '11 X5 35D
                      '87 325is
                      '91 325i Sport

Comment

This car and egk2's car have always been cars I've followed on here! Glad to see this one's in good hands! I wonder whatever happened to the other one?

Comment

Figured he was tracking it down to buy it back.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I'm sure he was, current owner probably loves it just as much though and does not want to sell it!

Comment

All in due time. RCWells currently has a job that will keep him away from home for a few months, so right now is not the time. At least we know where the car is, and that it is in very good hands with the current owner.
                              Eric Giles
                              '20 M2 CS
                              '04 M3
                              '11 X5 35D
                              '87 325is
                              '91 325i Sport

Comment

awesome glad you found it
                                Originally posted by blunttech
                                Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
                                :shock:

Comment

Working...
                                X